T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm thinking of adding shirt printing to my embroidery buisiness. Don't want to spend 10K-35K on a DTG. Dont mind spending 4K on a transfer system heatpress and Epson. My question is will I be able to provide professional LASTING results with an epson printer and heat transfer paper. Will they last as long as say a DTK kiosk machine's shirts? Will they just come out in the wash? I pride my self on quality work and have no experiance with either transfers or DTG. Any help advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
1,614 Posts
I don't own a Kiosk but do have a T Jet II which is basically the same and both use the same ink.

I know others will disagree but I will say yes...you can get the same or better prints from an Epson printer and heat transfer paper provided you use a pigment ink and a good quality transfer paper (JetPro Softstretch is a favorite). With JPSS, you can also use the Claria inks with good results.

I also believe that you get a better image with this paper than you get with a DTG when doing photographs on light shirts.

If not properly cured, you can run into fading issues with DTG just as if you don't follow the proper instructions with the heat transfer paper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.