T-Shirt Forums banner

EPSON or Ricoh for heat press transfers?

8K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  trackvw 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is Rob, I live in the Manchester in England, UK and I am in the first stages of starting up a t-shirt business. I'm on the lookout for a quality printer to be able to print HIGH QUALITY transfers for T-Shirts.

I'm considering the Ricoh GX e7700n using Chromablast ink or an Epson Workforce 7525 with a CISS pigmented ink system (from a UK vendor) although I'm not sure of the quality of inks available for the Epson.

Using your experience could you give me an opinion? Which printer do you think will provide higher quality t-shirt transfers? I understand that the quality has a lot to do with the transfer paper and the ink used.

Do you rate Chromablast?

Maybe you can recommend a different printer/ink from the two options?

Also, in the future, I wish to be able to offer sublimation gifts, that said, can you put sublimation ink into the Ricoh or through the CISS on the Epson after the other inks are drained through?

Best regards,

Rob :)

See less See more
#5 ·
We generally recommend that you don't switch from sublimation ink to chromablast inks. Once you have the inks installed, keep it the same type. This is especially true for the Ricoh printers, as the inks need to fill the lines before printing. Thus you will waste a lot of ink doing so. And switching inks generally requires you to run cleaning solution through the tubes to ensure none of the old inks mix with the new ones.

With the Epson, it is likely that you will have to fill the tubes of your CISS system before you can print, and thus swapping different types of ink will also waste a lot of ink.

If you need both sublimation and chromablast inks, maybe you can consider buying a printer for each type of ink. A ricoh SG3110 printer (max size is 8.5x14) isn't very expensive here in North America (not sure about UK though).

#8 ·
Hi Mkeg,

I have a brand new CISS Kit for the Epson WF-7015 to sell if your interested?

It comes Pre-filled with Dye Ink. I bought it from City Ink Express. They sell the kits for the WF-7015.

This kit retails from them at £59.99 inc VAT. I will sell it to you for £50.

It's boxed fully boxed and it includes installation instructions for you too ;-)

#10 ·
Hi rob
I have just been reading through your messages on here and I find myself in the same position as you were in
As you know there is a massive difference in price between the ricoh gx 7700 and the epson wf 7010
What is the quality like on your epson and is there a massive difference on the 2 printers

David

Sydney, Australia

#16 ·
hey,
my name is Casey and me and my friend are trying to start up out own t-shirt business we thought we had everything and was ready to get started but were lost at this point.

we bought an Epson wf-7010 and a CISS system and some sublimation paper. we looked up videos on how to hook it up and put the ink and everything in and started printing on the sublimation paper. the quality wasn't that great and it had 2 yellow lines in the picture. we tried transferring it to a t-shirt and the ink wont come off the paper at all. the picture on the sublimation paper looks like it would on regular printer paper and the ink looks like regular ink also.

someone please help..

thanks,
Casey! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.