T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased an epson workforce 1100 printer,

After about 11 prints the printer is telling me im low on ink, I go ahead and purchase more ink. After 15 prints it tells me im low on yellow, the whole printer stops working even if you are low on just one color.

I found this very hard to believe that I could be out of yellow in such a short period of time. In a fit of rage I broke open the cartridge and so that their was so much yellow ink left. God knows how many more prints i could have gotten out of what was left. I think Espson has a predertimined amou8nt of prints you can make before certain colors just stop working. Ofcource you then need to replenish not just the yellow but the multi pack because it ends up being a bit cheaper. What a kind hearted company epson is! This is obviously a ploy and SCAM to bleed their cusomers dry! I hate them with a passion!

Check out this very disturbing video I found on youtube about Epson printers and their ink cartridges

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LigFCow_ko[/media]

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Have you considered refillable in carts? It's a very common solution to the problems you describe. Epson is not alone in the over priced in market and it is why refillable carts and continuous ink systems are so common among so many of us. Best of luck and sorry your having a bad time with what is typically a great printer in the inexpensive price bracket.

· Registered
207 Posts
Have you considered refillable in carts? It's a very common solution to the problems you describe. Epson is not alone in the over priced in market and it is why refillable carts and continuous ink systems are so common among so many of us. Best of luck and sorry your having a bad time with what is typically a great printer in the inexpensive price bracket.
+1...... Buy a good CIS system and forget about giveing Epson any more of your money.

Sent from my PC36100 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Wow thanks for your lightning fast reply! The truth is im very stressed over what has been happening. The is the first time i hear of refillable carts and continuous ink systems. I will try to research this, Do you know of any websites that offer this "continuous ink systems"

· Registered
3,633 Posts
What a kind hearted company epson is! This is obviously a ploy and SCAM to bleed their cusomers dry! I hate them with a passion!
They took a lesson from the dope man.

You ever wonder why consmer level printers are so inexpensive and are sometimes given away with system purchases? The profit lies in the consumables.
A set of new cartridges is oft times more than the printer.

· Registered
142 Posts
The potential cost savings is huge. I know with the cobra cis system you can get about 5 refills per color when you buy the 2 oz kit. Depending on the printer you can expect a refill cost starting at just under 4 dollars per refill. Compare that to the 20+ dollars Epson charges.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
You can buy compatible carts online for 1/3 the price of oems'. These aren't refillable. Just be sure the ink is shown as "pigmented." I buy at 4inkjets.com & the ink works fine. As for the printer, is it still under warranty? Just return it for a refund or replacement. I've never heard of issues with this printer.

· Registered
266 Posts
All you need is a chip resetter for $10-$20 shipped on ebay. Problem solved. Also they do this so the inks do run out then the printhead drys up and clogs.

I don't think epson is all that evil although ive had my fair share of frustration with their printers. You just need to learn the system and youll be fine.

· Registered
266 Posts
All you need is a chip resetter for $10-$20 shipped on ebay. Problem solved. Also they do this so the inks do run out then the printhead drys up and clogs.

I don't think epson is all that evil although ive had my fair share of frustration with their printers. You just need to learn the system and youll be fine.

· Registered
35 Posts
Ive been using epson printer for long time (not shirt related) and i can tell you that starter cartridge aint full... Just enough to tease you and go buy more at the store.

Probably is your problem specially if you print on best photo setting.

Ill receive my wf1100 friday with cis installed by cobra...hoppefully everything will be good

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

· Registered
266 Posts
Rich at cobra inks is a standup guy and they have a customer for life by being such a good customer support/tech support company and I have nothing but good things to say about cobra.

CIS systems have tons of user errors when installed by the average Joe there's a couple things then tend to go wrong in many cases. For the price its a great option to go with via cobra

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.