T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a new Epson 3800 printer (w/ K3 pigment inks) and I'm having problems with the ink bleeding on Jet Pro paper. The best setting so far has been 2880 dpi (fine, photo quality using the photo black ink instead of matte black) with paper thickness set at #1 and platen gap at narrow. I am printing photographic images so retaining detail is critical. Anyone else ever had problems with inks bleeding on Jet Pro paper? Gracias.

· Registered
50 Posts
The garment can only handle so much ink....plain paper/text settings are what I use and have had good results....Even on those settings, if someone buys a shirts and sweats profusely in it, the colors will bleed a bit, but wash out....

I am using a new Epson 3800 printer (w/ K3 pigment inks) and I'm having problems with the ink bleeding on Jet Pro paper. The best setting so far has been 2880 dpi (fine, photo quality using the photo black ink instead of matte black) with paper thickness set at #1 and platen gap at narrow. I am printing photographic images so retaining detail is critical. Anyone else ever had problems with inks bleeding on Jet Pro paper? Gracias.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the comments. I did find I had to use plain paper setting with Jet Pro to keep ink from bleeding but was disappointed with wimpy colors...then tried Clearsoft inkjet paper from Pro World and was blown away with quality...like printing on photo paper...vivid colors and great detail and after one washing almost no feel. Anxiously awaiting more Clearsoft. I'm also realizing humidty can be a nightmare w/ transfer paper (and inks).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.