T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been printing some samples for the upcoming Printwear & Promotion show at the NEC (UK) and just thought I would share the results and the equipment used:

Schulze pre treatmaker VI
Sefa rotex swing press (curing of the pre treat)
Epson F2100
Sefa T dry Drying cabinet (to cure the ink)
https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-9977-sefa-...f2100-dtg.aspx

The prints pictured range from £1.30 to £1.58 in ink costs.

We will have two F2100's on our stand, if you are visiting and in the market for a DTG setup please stop by and say hi.

Ricky
Xpres.co.uk

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Currently researching the DTG market.

What print quality setting was this printed on? And what T-shirt brand did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Fap

I have attached a screen shot of the Garment Creator settings that I used for the print.

With regards to T-shirt I used our own brand 100% organic cotton Tee:
https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-10131-mens-organic-cotton-tee.aspx

Ricky
Xpres.co.uk

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your reply, Apologies for the delayed response.

I would say I am still a few months away from making my purchase, but the thing that concerns me is the print cost do seem a bit high for the epson, to be able to really compete on a commercial scale.

Also Epson have just announced the F3070, do you have any info on this and what kind of price range is this in the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Epson Debuts First Industrial Direct-to-Garment Printer Bringing New Levels of Customization to Growing Digital Textile Market

Epson said:
LONG BEACH, Calif. (Impressions Expo, Booth #2049) – Jan. 16, 2020 – Epson today announced its first industrial direct-to-garment printer – the SureColor® F3070. Designed to provide low total cost of ownership (TCO) and reliability for exceptional performance and savings in high-production print shop environments, the SureColor F3070 is Epson’s first direct-to-garment printer to leverage dual printhead technology and a bulk ink pack system, providing remarkably low ink cost and minimized waste compared to Epson cartridge systems. It touts all new automatic garment height adjustment and easy user maintenance features to increase production and reduce downtime for garment print shops creating custom apparel. The new printer will be on display in Epson’s booth (#2049) at Impressions Expo in Long Beach, Calif. from Jan. 17-19, 2020.
Epson said:
More about the SureColor F3070

Delivering high image quality, productivity and reliability in an affordable, highly intuitive design, the SureColor F3070 offers advanced features for the garment printing industry, including:

PrecisionCore Printhead Technology – Dual 10-channel printheads with 16,000 nozzles delivering industrial quality output at impressive production speeds

Bulk Ink System – Replaceable bulk ink packs for less frequent ink refilling and lower costs compared to our ink cartridge systems

High-Quality Direct-to-Garment Printing – Epson UltraChrome® DG inks* are durable, vibrant and safe, with outstanding color performance, plus equal pricing for color and White inks

Automatic Printhead Adjustment – Optimized for garment thickness for improved print quality without user intervention

Low Total Cost of Ownership – Low maintenance time and cost with dedicated cleaning solution channels and fabric head wiper system

Fast Loading for More Productivity – Easy-to-use, all-new quick-load platen reduces traditional hoop platen load times

Intuitive, Easy-to-Learn Workflow – Updated Epson Garment Creator Software, available for macOS® and Windows®, includes cost estimator, text tools, hot folders, and automation SDK

Designed Exclusively for Direct-to-Garment Printing – An entirely purpose-built system featuring Epson’s PrecisionCore printhead, Epson UltraChrome DG ink system and robust hardware

Scale Seamlessly – Scale production capability with additional printers featuring an easily repositionable compact design that operates on standard 120v power

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Fap

We will have the New Epson F3070 (F3000 in the uk) in our showroom as soon as one becomes available.

Unfortunately the only information I have is also from the Epson press release.

I would imagine that because the F3000 has a bulk ink system the print cost will be more appealing when printing on a commercial scale.

When I have more information I will update you.

Ricky
Xpres

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your reply, Apologies for the delayed response.

I would say I am still a few months away from making my purchase, but the thing that concerns me is the print cost do seem a bit high for the epson, to be able to really compete on a commercial scale.

Also Epson have just announced the F3070, do you have any info on this and what kind of price range is this in the UK?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts