T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm expecting my pre-treater, press, and F2000 pretty soon and was wondering how easy is it to transport? I have an opportunity later this year to sell shirts at an event and to see if bringing it would even be an option.

This might be a question for the dealers as they take them to shows.

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
8,371 Posts
It is pretty heavy side. You need few people to handle it. Unless keep printer in the vehicle with generator out side. Heaviest among all on this category.
In and out will be tuff.:) but hey we are DTG printer. Nothing is impossible.
Best luck! Make a siht load of money!
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

· Registered
2,857 Posts
The F2000 weighs approx 180 lbs. You should have 3 people to move it, 1 each side and one on front bed. There are hand holds made into the printer itself. You can tilt up to 75 degrees to get thru standard doorway. However it must be tilted so that the printhead side is down. Also use of a furniture dolly is handy. This is in your instructions for the machine. 2 people do the lifting the 3rd on the bed is really more for control, imho.
I personally think it would be awesome to take on the road once you have your trailer setup, or whatever u are using. Consider using a backup power supply that is continuously monitored and regulated for correct voltage, Best Buy. Should be in a dust free environment, i.e. horse show may not be the place. Leave inks installed. Have on a level surface. Check that all accessories are in place before operating, i.e. filter, wiping station, spit box etc. I know for a fact that if the filter is unsnapped the head carriage will contact the filter giving you an encoder strip type error. Don't forget to install the bed lock and TAPE it down, also some tape on the printhead would not hurt. When you get your printer take pictures of how it was before you take off the tape and bed lock. This will give you a good idea off areas that need locked down.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I dont plan on setting up in a trailer. its an indoor event that I would only do on a yearly basis.

So it sounds like its doable but there are pre-cautions and different pieces need to be secured as mentioned.

Any suggestions on the packaging for transport? its a 300 mile journey

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

So it seems like it is possible (with some help of course) and also making sure to check the items listed above as well as taking other pre-cautions.

I dont really plan on setting it up in a trailer as this is just a once a year event. It is however a few hundred miles away. Any suggestions on how and what to transport the equipment in?

-aj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.