T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
2 weeks without maintenance is stretching it too far, It's advisable to have the ink circulate at least once a day. Most likely the ink had turned into rubber by now. I've experimented submerging fully dried dtg ink inside hard cleaning liquid and the solid ink did not get broken down at all.

Here's a video that might be useful for you, this is a last ditch effort for recovering heavily clogged print head using ultrasonic. Haven't tried it myself though.
Link:

· Registered
47 Posts
Most likely yes, I've had clogged printhead several times and despite the effort to restore them, print result was still not great (I'd say if there's about 20% or more lines missing from the nozzle check, then it would noticeably impact print result). I'd also check/replace the dampers/cartridge and the ink just in case if I were you.

If you decide to change the printhead and the machine runs properly again, here's some daily maintenance tips to minimize the risk of clogged print head:
Please tell if this maintenance cycle is correct or wrong.

Also make sure that your pretreated fabric/transfer film does not touch the print head because it will instantly harden the inks inside. (in my experience this is the main killer of printhead besides lack of use/maintenance).

And I forgot to ask when you leave the printer for 2 weeks did it already loaded with ink or was it still pristine inside the box? If it's not loaded with ink and only magenta came out it was probably the head protector liquid.

· Registered
47 Posts
hello
unfortunately, still haven't got this thing to work, I've done everything and have spent so much money on inks with all these nozzle checks etc. i don't know what to do at this point.??
I'd say replace the print head and make sure to never leave it idle even for one day. Do head cleaning every 8 hour if not printing, or soak it in cleaning solution (a mild one) after production to leave overnight. Shake the ink tank daily...that would make the print head last long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts