T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought this F2000 dtg printer and i let it sit for 2wks,went to print & only printed CYAN, did a few heavy head cleanings & still nothing. Did just about everything and now only Magenta works. My nozzle checks wont even print anthing besides the Magenta now. What do i do? Does this mean i need a new print head? so bummed! im new to this whole DTG and had no idea this would happen so quickly if not used regularly.Trying not to spend $2000 if i dont have to???? ANY HELP OR ADVISE.

Located in Victorville CA. if anyone lives nearby?

·
Registered
30 Posts
2 weeks without maintenance is stretching it too far, It's advisable to have the ink circulate at least once a day. Most likely the ink had turned into rubber by now. I've experimented submerging fully dried dtg ink inside hard cleaning liquid and the solid ink did not get broken down at all.

Here's a video that might be useful for you, this is a last ditch effort for recovering heavily clogged print head using ultrasonic. Haven't tried it myself though.
Link:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
i appreciate the advice, wish i did some more research as far as letting this thing sit & wish the seller would have told me this. So, if this doesn't work a new print head is my only other option?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Most likely yes, I've had clogged printhead several times and despite the effort to restore them, print result was still not great (I'd say if there's about 20% or more lines missing from the nozzle check, then it would noticeably impact print result). I'd also check/replace the dampers/cartridge and the ink just in case if I were you.

If you decide to change the printhead and the machine runs properly again, here's some daily maintenance tips to minimize the risk of clogged print head:
Please tell if this maintenance cycle is correct or wrong.

Also make sure that your pretreated fabric/transfer film does not touch the print head because it will instantly harden the inks inside. (in my experience this is the main killer of printhead besides lack of use/maintenance).

And I forgot to ask when you leave the printer for 2 weeks did it already loaded with ink or was it still pristine inside the box? If it's not loaded with ink and only magenta came out it was probably the head protector liquid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently bought this F2000 dtg printer and i let it sit for 2wks,went to print & only printed CYAN, did a few heavy head cleanings & still nothing. Did just about everything and now only Magenta works. My nozzle checks wont even print anthing besides the Magenta now. What do i do? Does this mean i need a new print head? so bummed! im new to this whole DTG and had no idea this would happen so quickly if not used regularly.Trying not to spend $2000 if i dont have to???? ANY HELP OR ADVISE.

Located in Victorville CA. if anyone lives nearby?
It sounds like you might have a clogged head. Try the following steps to diagnose the issue, and see if the head is the problem. All of these procedures and troubleshooting steps can be found in the service manual, I have attached a link to the site where you download a FREE copy of the service manual of that system, download it and keep it for reference.

1. Perform a manual cleaning of the system ink components (capping station, printhead). This should be done at least once daily ( I prefer twice , at start of day and end of day, EVERYDAY)

2. Inspect the ink lines, capping station, and head for signs of dried ink or air bubbles. If you see anything odd, make note of it and clean any area you can with cleaning solution.

3. Perform a small ink charge

4. Perform a nozzle test (wait at least 5 minutes before moving on to step 5)

5. Perform 2nd small ink charge

6. Perform a 2nd nozzle test

7. Compare the two nozzle tests side by side to see if ANYTHING changes, did any nozzles begin firing that were not? If the missing nozzles stayed in the same between the two nozzle tests, then you most likely have a clogged head. Changing the head alone is not suggested, I would change the head and the dampers (the dampers most likely have issues as well) You can try the steps below to see if you can get the system ink lines and head clean.

8. You flush the system , this procedure is described on page 249 in the service manual, you will need a cleaning cartridge with cleaning solution. This might help clear the lines, dampers and head.

I hope any of this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts