T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
[
Still waiting... saw you were posting on other threads. Still wondering why I haven't got an answer.... Crickets
LOL I just noticed these post and I just got off the phone with you a couple of hours ago Anthony. As you've noticed I was posting in the other threads about my printer going through its issues with the main board and print head. I haven't had time to look at the debates here.

As I have mentioned during our conversation, I am very much considering the spectra also.

Things I have noticed about the spectra from these videos. It seems to print fast. I am looking for a fast printer. Another thing is I will be able to continue using dupont ink. That is a major factor because I need competitive prices for my shirts. Now print quality this is a big factor.

As we talked about on the phone. I told you that using speed mode on the anajet also prints very fast, but I get Streaks when using it making that mode useless. I asked you does that happen with the spectra, You said that the spectra also has that same issue currently but you are about a week away from correcting it.

lol, As far as who has dummy accounts on TSF, only Rodney knows. He can look at the users I.P's.

Also I read a statement that compared 2 printers to one. Me personally and not everyone will think like me but If the print quality is better with one printer than the other two than I would choose the one printer over 2 printers with less quality any day, Unless everything with the one printer was so expensive I wouldn't be able to profit selling t shirts.

Not saying who's print quality etc is better because I personally don't know. I have not seen either printers capabilities in person. I would only imagine that since Epson made the f2000 specifically for DTG and have their own specialized inks for it, that their print quality and build quality will be very hard to compare to when the spectra is using it's parts from one of its desktop printers, but so are majority of the other DTG's not saying that they don't do their job and make you money. My anajet has been making me money. That is why I am still very interested in the spectra but still very interested in the Epson also.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
[

LOL I just noticed these post and I just got off the phone with you a couple of hours ago Anthony. As you've noticed I was posting in the other threads about my printer going through its issues with the main board and print head. I haven't had time to look at the debates here.

As I have mentioned during our conversation, I am very much considering the spectra also.

Things I have noticed about the spectra from these videos. It seems to print fast. I am looking for a fast printer. Another thing is I will be able to continue using dupont ink. That is a major factor because I need competitive prices for my shirts. Now print quality this is a big factor.

As we talked about on the phone. I told you that using speed mode on the anajet also prints very fast, but I get Streaks when using it making that mode useless. I asked you does that happen with the spectra, You said that the spectra also has that same issue currently but you are about a week away from correcting it.

lol, As far as who has dummy accounts on TSF, only Rodney knows. He can look at the users I.P's.

Also I read a statement that compared 2 printers to one. Me personally and not everyone will think like me but If the print quality is better with one printer than the other two than I would choose the one printer over 2 printers with less quality any day, Unless everything with the one printer was so expensive I wouldn't be able to profit selling t shirts.

Not saying who's print quality etc is better because I personally don't know. I have not seen either printers capabilities in person. I would only imagine that since Epson made the f2000 specifically for DTG and have their own specialized inks for it, that their print quality and build quality will be very hard to compare to when the spectra is using it's parts from one of its desktop printers, but so are majority of the other DTG's not saying that they don't do their job and make you money. My anajet has been making me money. That is why I am still very interested in the spectra but still very interested in the Epson also.
(tchandler52) I think you misunderstood our conversation, print quality is excellent in speed mode "720" resolution but we do have specific rip settings we recommend for the spectra. You can see the print quality easily in the videos that were run in 720 which is excellent." If you come to NJ or Cali and demo the unit you will see the printer speaks for itself. After talking to you though I don't think your interest is in our machine think would be better fit with the Epson.

(Marc101) Spectra is continually working on production improvements. It is not affected/limited as you suggest financially, it is affected by skilled labor in the assembly process (which is the commodity of dtg machines) . We wish we could pull skilled techs off the street that know everything from electronics to the rip software,but this is impossible without extensive training on the system and dtg machines in general. Every machine is unique to the manufacturer. We added production upgrades to the process both electronically and logistically that where just completed this week, which will increase production further starting after the holidays. Like everyone has stated there's a machine for everyone's business model and I wish you great success no matter your choice. The Epson F2000 is a great machine choice and everyone at spectra will tell you the same. I do agree with the majority of your statement though! ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
(tchandler52) I think you misunderstood our conversation, print quality is excellent in speed mode "720" resolution but we do have specific rip settings we recommend for the spectra. You can see the print quality easily in the videos that were run in 720 which is excellent." If you come to NJ or Cali and demo the unit you will see the printer speaks for itself. After talking to you though I don't think your interest is in our machine think would be better fit with the Epson.

(Marc101) Spectra is continually working on production improvements. It is not affected/limited as you suggest financially, it is affected by skilled labor in the assembly process (which is the commodity of dtg machines) . We wish we could pull skilled techs off the street that know everything from electronics to the rip software,but this is impossible without extensive training on the system and dtg machines in general. Every machine is unique to the manufacturer. We added production upgrades to the process both electronically and logistically that where just completed this week, which will increase production further starting after the holidays. Like everyone has stated there's a machine for everyone's business model and I wish you great success no matter your choice. The Epson F2000 is a great machine choice and everyone at spectra will tell you the same. I do agree with the majority of your statement though! ;)
I did not mean to say or imply Spectra was limited financially, so I am sorry if I did. I actually like the buzz around the Spectra, and the people running it. I would also strongly consider getting one, again they seem really interesting, and I will be following along closely like many others to see where it gos.
I just think if they get the 6 week wait under control however they can, it will go a long long way for a certain market of buyers, but I understand this is how they work right now, and there is training involved anyway to avoid problems in the future, so I doubt they would want to just start sending printers out to random buyers anyway.

I follow along with everything DTG, so this is not bandwaggon riding lol and DTG gets more exciting and better all the time :)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I did not mean to say or imply Spectra was limited financially, so I am sorry if I did. I actually like the buzz around the Spectra, and the people running it. I would also strongly consider getting one, again they seem really interesting, and I will be following along closely like many others to see where it gos.
I just think if they get the 6 week wait under control however they can, it will go a long long way for a certain market of buyers, but I understand this is how they work right now, and there is training involved anyway to avoid problems in the future, so I doubt they would want to just start sending printers out to random buyers anyway.

I follow along with everything DTG, so this is not bandwaggon riding lol and DTG gets more exciting and better all the time :)
Lol I know and understood completely buddy and no worries. In January we will be kicking it into high gear. I do recommend Belquette too. You are absolutely correct on it all buddy. Couldn't have agreed with someone so much..... and if I didn't no biggie, we all have our own opinions!:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like others visiting this topic, I am considering purchasing either an F2000 or Spectra. They both seem to have their pros and cons and the biggest difference is the price and support of each machine. The cost of 2 Spectras for the price of 1 F2000 and cheaper ink for the Spectra against support is a conundrum - especially in the UK.

I would be interested to know if there is a figure for waste garments tolerance for each machine. For example, if I print 100 t-shirts, what is the number of garments that will likely be wasted due to machine error? Personally, I don't mind paying more for a machine if its garment and ink wastage is low. What I have found in garment decoration is that without any 'real' support then you take a massive risk. Is there any support/resellers for the Spectra in the UK?

An interesting point on Epson's website video gallery is the story of 'tshirts & sons' using the F2000. However, when I visit 'tshirts & sons' website their DTG section states that they use 4 Kornit DTGs!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Waste error would be less than 1% for machine - 99% of all wasted shirts are due to operator error.
If the printer encounters a problem..like a wrinkle that would cause a head strike...the printer will eject the shirt for you to fix the wrinkle while still on the platen and then it will pick back up printing exactly where it left off.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Like others visiting this topic, I am considering purchasing either an F2000 or Spectra. They both seem to have their pros and cons and the biggest difference is the price and support of each machine. The cost of 2 Spectras for the price of 1 F2000 and cheaper ink for the Spectra against support is a conundrum - especially in the UK.

I would be interested to know if there is a figure for waste garments tolerance for each machine. For example, if I print 100 t-shirts, what is the number of garments that will likely be wasted due to machine error? Personally, I don't mind paying more for a machine if its garment and ink wastage is low. What I have found in garment decoration is that without any 'real' support then you take a massive risk. Is there any support/resellers for the Spectra in the UK?

An interesting point on Epson's website video gallery is the story of 'tshirts & sons' using the F2000. However, when I visit 'tshirts & sons' website their DTG section states that they use 4 Kornit DTGs!
Good point. I will post a video of how to cancel a job. May do that today in fact! Will also show how to change print settings after printing one pass. BTW did you see my video on how to save shirts?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Waste error would be less than 1% for machine - 99% of all wasted shirts are due to operator error.
The Epson is a very robust machine with a reputation for consistent printing with minimal interaction. If the printer encounters a problem..like a wrinkle that would cause a head strike...the printer will eject the shirt for you to fix the wrinkle while still on the platen and then it will pick back up printing exactly where it left off.
Good point Eric and I don't know if you know but if you get a head strike with pretreatment I have a video on how to save the head before the pretreatment closes the nozzles. Will work on any dtg as well

·
Registered
392 Posts

I have had my Epson now for 2 months and have not had a garment ruined due to the printer, in fact I was just reviewing with my wife some of these additional benefits of the Epson...With my prior DTG printer I could count on ruining a few shirts due to "auto system maintenance" or the shirt just before the autosystem maintenance/print head clean would have some streaks and not be a good product to sale...

In addition, I no longer have to print a few test samples to be sure the colors are all printing good. I simply pull my image into my NeoRip software and print....have a good print first time every time!!

I continue to be amazed with this printer. even with the big fear factor of ink costs I continue to have lower cost per shirt with my Epson as I am able to turn it off at night ( have actually left it off for 7 days in a row with white ink in it)...turn it on...it will do a ink circulation, then do a white ink light head clean and it is ready for production. Many other DTG printers would have auto head cleans to keep the ink flowing and would have used $30 to $50 in ink just sitting idle for that week.

Whiteink you are very very wise to be asking these type of questions to get all the costs before you purchase any DTG printer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Also I want to clear the air, by no means does Team Spectra think that our machine is better than the Epson. Spectra thinks that the Epson is a fantastic and well built machine. Spectra is going to inquire with Epson at the beginning of the year what it takes to sell the Epson.
wonderful spectra and epson f2000 can't wait for you guys to start selling that f2000 users will love spectra team support 24/7 now anthony is gonna kill himself lol you users for epson f2000 expect better than the best support if spectra start to carry epson line of dtg

·
Registered
49 Posts

my bro i was in the same spot u r in if you'd never use dtg i suggest that u read everything about the process and i mean everything support is the first thing you want to find out about and then make a choice i travelled from GUYANA SOUTH AMERICA one of your country's commonwealth and i got a spectra machine price is good and support as well the guys at spectra r very good at what they do but if you got the coins epson f2000 all the way i gave you two choices you can find out more about them happy hunting:D

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
wonderful spectra and epson f2000 can't wait for you guys to start selling that f2000 users will love spectra team support 24/7 now anthony is gonna kill himself lol you users for epson f2000 expect better than the best support if spectra start to carry epson line of dtg
We freaking love Timal. He's gangsta man. Comes from South America to come see us. What a dude. Timal you're awesome man. Glad you are apart of it all and Emmortal and IslandDesigns. Sparkie and the whole dang Krew. You know how we roll man. :p

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Hahaha I actually get sleep now Timal. Thanks for putting me on blast lol. Hey at least I got the training center up and yeah I was tired but now I can just focus on other stuff but you are right, support is key my friend :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
i saw this info on facebook

..:: -EPSON F2000 MAINTENANCE COSTS- ::..
Nozzle Check = 00:29 | 0.10ml | $0.04
Light Cleaning Cycle = 01:35 | 1ml | $0.38
Medium Cleaning Cycle = 02:31 | 9ml | $3.42
Heavy Cleaning Cycle = 03:32 27ml $10.26
Monthly White Ink Tube Flushing = 34:00 | 333ml | $126.54

WHOA!! is this for real!?

if so, i thought i wanted the F2000 but now.....im having second thoughts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Actually the light, medium and heavy cleans are for two channels. If you are cleaning your white ink (all channels), multiply these by two.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
This is for retail ink being at $229.50 for 600ml. Most dealers sell it at $207 per cartridge, so with these numbers and all white channels being cleaned, the following numbers are more reflective of costs:

..:: -EPSON F2000 MAINTENANCE COSTS- ::..
Nozzle Check = 00:29 | 0.10ml | $0.035
Light Cleaning Cycle = 01:35 | 2ml | $0.69
Medium Cleaning Cycle = 02:31 | 18ml | $6.21
Heavy Cleaning Cycle = 03:32 54ml $18.63
Monthly White Ink Tube Flushing = 34:00 | 333ml | $114.89

·
Registered
843 Posts
double WHOA!!!

why Epson? why are you forcing ink $$$ to be flushed down the toilet?
If you're concerned with that amount of wastage Jef don't forget to factor in all the ink wasted every month through the many random auto cleans the F2000 does. 35ml per clean! My F2000 wastes and extra 400ml of perfectly good ink every month on top of these figures, and for no good reason! Absolute joke!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts