T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson F2000 and the EZ SpeedTreater-TX

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  sandmanbjj 
#1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufxHrGPqvSQ&feature=youtu.be

Here is a short video I found on the EZ SpeadTreater-TX being used next to a DTG machine, in this case the new Epson F2000. I have this same setup on order. My shop is only 450sqft so space is limited and the ability to have your pretreat machine in close proximity of not only the printer but our computers was a decisive part of our choice to go with Equipment Zone. Will post pictures when we get set up.

#3 ·
Epson's Garment Creator comes standard with all of the F2000s from each distrib. EZ offers the Digital Factory Apparel RIP by Cadlink. I had a month to tinker on the trial version just pretending to print... since I had no printer. Wish it came standard with Epson but it is worth getting as an add on.

#15 ·
Not all pretreatment is the same. I have seen many of shops that have the pretreat, heat press and printer (in the order in a straight line) in the same room for more than a year without any issue. What might not have worked with a previous type of pretreat may work with a new type of pretreat. Best thing to do is ask the dealer or manufacturer what their experience is.

Mark

#16 ·
I dunno, I don't even let my guys fill up pretreat bottles next to the ink or in the same room. We have a separate room for this. I could see in a bigger shop but nothing small. I have a few guys that have done that and had went through a head each month. My guys get sent home if they have pretreatment anywhere near inks, which they don't because we have a separate room. It does depend on manufacturer. Kornit even has the pretreatment coming out of the head to spray the shirt. This is different.

#23 ·
That never entered my mind. I will make the adjustments tonight before I fire up my shop. Thanks for the heads up.
The pretreat vapor is more of my concern. I live in Louisiana, and the humidity is such that, I have to cure my inks a good but more than the original recommendations.
But those are very valid points and I am going to make adjustments ASAP

#29 ·
As long as you keep the room cool, in the 70s, you will be fine with the heat press in the same room. I suggest moving it to the opposite side of the room from the printer if possible. Big advantage for you living in Louisiana is the humidity. I repaired a tjet blazer a while back in Louisiana that sat in storage, no ac, with ink still in it. Replaced the ink and it printed perfect nozzle check. But it did have the 4880 teflon coated head so I'm sure that helped.

#30 ·
been using the heat press (sometimes 2) close by the printer for many years with no problems. i even pretreat in the same room (detached 2-car garage) with the Wagner. while i agree that if space allows it would be better to do this in a separate location, again, i've never had any issues. we screen print, use a cutter for vinyl, and DTG all in the same room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.