T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson ET-15000 questions with ink and transfers

7K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  splathead 
#1 ·
Good morning and happy holidays to everyone. Brand new to this forum. Just bought some stuff for Christmas and looking to make some fun shirts and designs and had a few questions. I just bought this Epson printer and I was going to turn it into a sublimation printer. So here are a few questions.

1- for this printer, anyone have suggestions for the best sublimation ink?

2- I see Epson just came out with a sublimation printer for 399, but I wanted this printer because it can print up to 13x19. Has anyone used the ink Epson sells for the sublimation printer? And would you suggest it over the off brand sublimation ink?

3- I was thinking about buying a second one of these printers for pigmented ink to do heat transfer for some shirts instead of the sublimation on the darker shirts. Is all Epson color ink pigmented or do you have to buy a special pigmented ink?

I really appreciate all the help you may be able to provide. I’m very interested in finding out more about this.

#2 ·
There is no reason why not to use Epson sublimation ink. Last I checked it was cheaper than most other 3rd party inks.

Check Epson's webiste for your ink bottle item #'s. It will tell you if those the bottles that came in the box are all dye based ink, all pigment ink, or a combination of the two. Many earlier ecotanks had black pigment ink and dye based ink for the other colors.

#3 ·
3- I was thinking about buying a second one of these printers for pigmented ink to do heat transfer for some shirts instead of the sublimation on the darker shirts. Is all Epson color ink pigmented or do you have to buy a special pigmented ink?
sublimation is best on 100% polyester white, but can have ok results on light colors if you understand its negatives (see vid below)

not all epson ink is pigment, some is dye (claria)

if you are not familiar with icc's then i would suggest starting with cobra inks 4.3 sublimation ink and refillable xl carts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.