T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson DTG printer hits the market and what does it mean for Epson based printers?

54K views 211 replies 46 participants last post by  Rushordertees 
#1 ·
I received a e-mail from Impressions showing Epson hitting the DTG market.
Epson

So what does this mean for Epson based DTG printers? Will Epson do what business normally do is to shut competitors out of the market especially if the machine proves to be popular.

So any one know about the specs yet?

Discussion starter · #93 ·
way too early to tell how underwhelming it is. perhaps the ink/printhead mix makes this unit without any clogging?. only after a couple of months we will know the true meaning of this release. we don't know cost of ink, print head specs/price etc. doesn't look underwhelming at all. we are gonna find out in what "better performance more profit" is really means. but if epson creates a special printhead with matching ink formula, my guess is that banding/clogging will be pretty much a thing of the past. until i can afford one i'm diy-dtg printing here like crazy. my slogan is: "unreliable but cheap lots of profit"
Does not look that great with the design and you still need pre-treatment

SureColor F2000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.