T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have three Epson CX6600's left on clearance at my Staples for $129.50. It is the only one I found (in the store) that will run on my OS (Mac 9.x) Thumbs up? or thumbs down? It has a scanner, FAX, printer and card reader (of all things! Looks like Flash). Planning on snagging it today! Durabrite seems the way to go. They have new HP Vivarabrite (sp?) HP1510 tri-color for $99.0 An there was another that had SIX wells, their photo. Still planning on the CX6600 Let me know what you think.

Someone was talking about the ink levels on new printers. Not an urban myth! They are not (or these anyway) filled half-way, they have a lower capacity cartridge. My HP all in one takes tri-color and black...I recently replaced the color with the #56 it takes and the color inside was marked like #28 or something which is the low capacity.

I asked the guy about if there was full ink in the CX6600 and he said...NO. I presume that is why the ink cartridge refills were on top of the box (B&W + Color = $58.00), because he said it only came with 20-30 print capacity, but with the $58.00 bundle, I'd be able to print 250-300.

Newbie Doby :()

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you use durabrite ink, I have found that the adjustment is
+5-cyan
+5-magenta
-20-yellow
I know others say -15 for yellow, but that did not work, went through like 5 shirts to find the right adjustment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
racinggrafx said:
If you use durabrite ink, I have found that the adjustment is
+5-cyan
+5-magenta
-20-yellow
I know others say -15 for yellow, but that did not work, went through like 5 shirts to find the right adjustment.
Huh? After reading too many reviews and remembering the nightmare...I'm bailing on Epson. I did find an 86 for $50 on Amazon.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi, Doby, it is me Lou. My wife has the CX6600 printer. It is a nice printer and you would be ok with it. The 86 is good but it is has been discontinued. The new 88 has the durabrite Ultra. it is a step above the durabrite.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
badalou said:
Hi, Doby, it is me Lou. My wife has the CX6600 printer. It is a nice printer and you would be ok with it. The 86 is good but it is has been discontinued. The new 88 has the durabrite Ultra. it is a step above the durabrite.
Thanks Lou!

A

·
0 Posts
badalou said:
The 86 is good but it is has been discontinued. The new 88 has the durabrite Ultra. it is a step above the durabrite.
I currently have the c82 which is also discontinued (although right now it won't print in color - maybe cause the ink dried or the tube is clogged ?? dunno as of yet)

I was curious if by some miracle i can get this baby to print in color again if this would be adequete ??

Also if not - do you happen to know what the major difference between the regular durabrite and the ULTRA happens to be ??

Thank you
~ATOIS

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, this "adjustment" thing you're talking about went right over my head. I've been using Durabright inks and Epson printers for transfers for about 5 years now, and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts