T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im a bit of a newbie at this sorry for any stupid questions or lack of knowledge.
But ive been doing a bit of research and seen that the main 3 papers for heat transfers are Ironall, JPSS and transjett.
From this it seems Ironall holds colour the best but requires the most care,
Transjett has the hardest touch but weakest colour fastness.
JPPS seems to be middle ground of best of both worlds.

Is this generally correct?

And also ive read that you can use any epson C series to print...so the Epson C46 would give me good results with either Sublimination,claria or pigment inks ?

Sorry for any silly questions
Aaron

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Of the transfer papers you mentionoed I have only used JPSS but I am a fan of neither so hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.

As far as the printer, any Epson will do, does not have to be a C Series. The C series may be the cheapest but not required. Pigment inks are best. The Claria inks has had some moderate success but I find that it tends to bleed/fade quicker than when using pigment inks. Sublimation inks is a whole different animal but with refill carts it works well with the Epson, just don't try to keep switching back and forth between inks as it will cause a lot of waste, and possibly damage the print heads.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which paper have you used and do you have any pictures of successful transfers?
And as for the inks it what difference will they make ?
1 for harder cartoony images and 1 for less obvious softer transfers ?
Also do all the inks work with both light and dark (I know the papers need to be different...unsure about the ink)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.