T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting in this forum. Just needed some help about my printing error problem. I just made my diy dtg epson 1430 and all works fine except when I start printing, the paper cancel button and the ink button simultaneously flashes after the flatten hits the sensor and feeds back and fourth in the roller feeder.

I tried all the adjustment I can think of but have no luck.

I know what I'm asking is a very precious knowledge from you not meant to be shared but it already took me ages to study and finish this printer and I have no more idea how to fix it.

If someone wants to help me in private message, you can pm me using my username "payc"

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Guys,

This is my first time posting in this forum. Just needed some help about my printing error problem. I just made my diy dtg epson 1430 and all works fine except when I start printing, the paper cancel button and the ink button simultaneously flashes after the flatten hits the sensor and feeds back and fourth in the roller feeder.

I tried all the adjustment I can think of but have no luck.

I know what I'm asking is a very precious knowledge from you not meant to be shared but it already took me ages to study and finish this printer and I have no more idea how to fix it.

If someone wants to help me in private message, you can pm me using my username "payc"

Thank you in advance.
Hi, just got this information from Epsons tech site hope it helps

[media]https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/art1430/art1430bb.pdf[/media]

This is what it says about your problem

The print head is obstructed by jammed paper or
another foreign object and cannot return to the home
position. Turn the printer off. Open the printer cover and
remove any paper or other obstructions from the paper
path. Then turn the printer back on. If the error does not
clear, contact Epson.

I have never worked on an Epson 1430 but if it happens just before printing it could also be the paper edge sensor. If it is not remaining open when the pattern is fed it will think that the paper is jammed in the printer. Think of the paper edge sensor as an on off switch ie while printing it needs to remain open or on and closed or off when its not.

Hope this helps and good luck Regards Marty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marty,

As i suspect it is something to do with sensor but I don't know where the paper edge sensor is. Is it at the bottom of the printhead? I tried downloading a trial version of a rip and luckily, I was able to successfully test print which is my first time to have it working but after I test print, the error for 2 flashing lights comes back again. So I turned it off and on, then it is back to normal. Do you have this kind of problem as well with your epson printer? Thanks a lot for your input.

Also, do you have any idea what's the best textile ink to use for epson printer?

Cheers!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Marty,

As i suspect it is something to do with sensor but I don't know where the paper edge sensor is. Is it at the bottom of the printhead? I tried downloading a trial version of a rip and luckily, I was able to successfully test print which is my first time to have it working but after I test print, the error for 2 flashing lights comes back again. So I turned it off and on, then it is back to normal. Do you have this kind of problem as well with your epson printer? Thanks a lot for your input.

Also, do you have any idea what's the best textile ink to use for epson printer?

Cheers!
Hi, as I said in my earlier post I havent worked on one of these printers, the one I used for dtg was a R1800. This is my build http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t259665.html
See if you can get the engineers manual for the printer, this will show you where the sensors are situated. The paper edge sensor is triggered by the paper being fed into the printer, the paper width sensor checks the papers size before printing. You just need to work out which one is causing the problem and cure it. Read the forum, a lot of people have had the same problem, you may find your answer in one of the posts. Above all do not get disillusioned, It took me a few weeks to wring out my printers problems, but now it works perfectly.
I use Resolute inks, I use two sets of refillable cartridges, one for 2 x C M K Y and the other set with cleaning fluid. I tried a continuous ink system but found that I would keep getting blockages in the cyan tube.
Regards Marty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marty. About your problem for blockage, I'm using turp liquid to easily clean out the blockage then apply cleaning liquid as finishing. This is all I do with all my ciss printers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There should be a sensor to tell when the platen is in place.

Ideally there is also a second one that will tell when the paper (platen) is safely out of the printer...

So you want to start just before the first mark (push platen back past where it will begin printing) and like loading paper, it pulls the platen forward to the first mark, and is ready to print...

That's normal up to there, so if you don't have a second mark/sensor, at the end of the print, it feeds out and thinks there's a jam.

So that's normal too (if you're missing that second marker)

You should have to just reload, reset the platen, and hit the flashing orange button to print the next page.

Mine is a Niko DTG based on a 1430, so it has both marks.

If I print one white shirt, the button never lights up.

If I print a black shirt (two passs... white, then color) I get what you describe as the printer only has one sheet of paper... the platen. (So print page1=White, page2=color... page 1 prints... ALARM! Out of paper!!! Reset platen with same shirt, press flashing orange button, prints page 2, color, over the white.

Hope this helps. Just depends on that second optional sensor.
With it = Out of paper alarm. (Reset platen and Clear it to print more.)
Without it = Paper jam alarm after each print. (Still just reset and continue)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.