T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what I'm trying o accomplish. I have a 1390 with a bad motherboard. Since the 1400 and 1390 are close to he same i bought a used 1400 to use the motherboard. I changed out the boards and I get a error message that the cd-r door is open. I'm thinking if I coy the EPROM from my old 1390 and download it to the 1400 board it will work. Does anyone have any experience doing something like this. This is a Chinese built dtg with a epson 1390 printer. I think the company that buit it did do a good job however I think they did some programming to EPROM and that's why I want to copy it. Otherwise I might have to buy a 1390 board.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I doubt that they did anything to EPROM. Be sure that his boards are IDENTICAL electronicaly, because you will fry the new board if not.

1390 dosen't have this sensor that's why you are getting this error.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ow can I bypass the sensor. I tried closing and opening the switch that connects to the control panel and still doesn't work. I get a sequence error but if I hold the switch open and oen the sensor to the paper feed sensor tan I will get a solid green light but then it won't print.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Just a shot here. The 1390 did not have a cdr door sensor. The 1400 did, in diy we used to twist or short the door sensor wires. If u can find the connection on the board you may be able to make a jumper to close the connection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.