T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE USING AN EPSON 7900 TO PRINT FILM POSITIVES??

I cannot get it to recognize the film and feed it through like it does with regular, opaque paper. I can get the sensor to find it for just a moment when the edge of the sheet crosses it, but not long enough to start feeding it through and get going.

I've tried different paper settings on the printer, I've tried putting a line of masking tape across the bottom edge of the film, and even the right edge, as I don't know exactly where the printer's sensor is.. I've tried cutting the film into pieces and hand-feeding it, all to no avail.

I'm using the same film I buy in sheets for my Epson 1430, from Screen Print Direct. Do I need to be buying EPSON Brand film for this printer for some reason? Do they even make the right stuff?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thank you!

· Registered
404 Posts
When my epson doesn't read the media I usually apply a piece of masking tape across the whole top of the sheet. I start the print about 3 inches below the top of the paper. The laser will read the beginning of the sheet and start to print.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I've found an annoying hack but it works. I have resorted to cutting the film into 24x30" sheets, cutting a piece of lightweight white paper to the same dimensions, and taping it to the back of the film. Silly extra steps, but the printer doesn't have any trouble with it this way, so that's that for now.

Next time I will try this Epson brand film, which supposedly has a slight tint that the printer can see, although customer service says it is not guaranteed to work with the 7900.. https://epson.com/For-Work/Paper/Pro-Imaging/Screen-Positive-Film/m/S450133
Worth a shot though if I could actually use the roll function on this giant thing.

Press On!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.