T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson 7520 print settings

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  rence12 
#1 ·
Before i sit here and try different print settings i thought i would see if someone already has the answer or any suggestions. I just got a wf-7520 printer, i think print wise it the same as the wf-7010 but with the additional scanner/fax (trying to have just one printer on my desk). I want to get the darkest film positives i can out of this, if its the same as the 7010, which i read is the 1100 replacement, im hoping it will work. Tried ultra photo paper, HQ, color, turned off high speed, changed color density to 25 under color correction. Anyone have any other thoughts ? It seems to print pretty dark, but i really don't have something to judge it against. Assuming its the same print wise as the 7010, should it work or should i look at the 1430 ?
Thanks

#2 ·
not getting much luck with this printer, but not so sure of the settings, thinking about returning it for something else. I just want to be able to print a dark transparency, didnt think it would be this hard. Im looking now at the 1430, can anyone tell me that they are able to print dark transparency with this, without any rip software or special inks ?

#3 ·
On your print settings try to use photo or text and image settings and premium photo glossy or matte. The highest settings use smaller dots so using less ink. Depending on your separations you can in your graphic program trick it to print all channels by using 100CMYK. Although is is totally possible to print dark films with a printer with color cartridges and pigment inks. I always find it easier to have a dedicated film printer with all black and still print 100CMYK for super dark films. I can tell you this. The 7510 and 7520 use the same print head. If you can't print dark films with this I doubt you will be able to do so with a 1430. Now they will be slightly darker due to the dye ink in the 1430, pigment ink has UV resistant properties that are used in the 7520.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info, ill try changinh to all 100's on the cmyk settings in corel, as far as printer settings you dont recomend the highest photo ? Below are the options i have if you can give me what you think will work ill give it a try.

Main tab; paper type:
plain/bright white
ultra prem photo gloss
prem photo gloss
photo gloss
prem photo semi gloss
prem presentation matte

Quality:
fine
quality
high quality
best quality

Color or Black/grayscale

More options tab
Included pic of this

on color mode you can change it to adobe rgb, which gives you 2 gamma choices also. If you change the color adjustment method to slide bar you get a cyan magenta and yellow slide bar, should i slide these all the way to high ? on color correction should i set the density all the way up ?

thanks

Attachments

#5 ·
sben, one more question, in your cmyk video you show the colors separated already, im using the x6 and so far i have only printed one color items. When you print a 2 color design do you let x6 (or x5) separate them for you automatically and if so how can you set these to print in the 100cmyk as it seems like the program is taking a colored item and printing it black for you. I noticed in the print settings of corel there is something that has to do with rgb settings (sorry dont have the program in front of me). I just want to be sure there isnt a setting draw that im missing.

#6 ·
Color mode leave as epson vivid. You can crank up the saturation as needed. I always seperate manually oy by a program called simple seps. This allows you to add chokes, traps or spreads as needed to your artwork. Using the separations within Corel draw you can still add these but you wont be able to print 100 CMYK as I believe Corel prints 100k only when printing separations. You may check on line as there maybe a setting within Corel to change this but I have never looked

#7 ·
I too purchased the 7520 for the same intent. I found that printing the "best quality" with the "prem photo semi gloss" selection as black/greyscale seemed to produce the most opaque print on my waterproof transparencies. This is obviously for spot color printing. Crappy part is that you can only load one transparency at a time as the printer doesn't like multiple sheets loaded in the trays. Good luck!!

#8 ·
Printing with best quality uses less ink as the dots use are much smaller. Clicking grayscale will only print from the black cartridge.

Reactions: skitten
#11 ·
The most ink is use with the text and photo setting and photo paper setting. Resolution can be compromised but most designs print at 720x720 with no quality loss. I print with a 1400 on photo setting and ultra premium glossy paper setting. My other 1400 prints best with matte paper. The 7520 uses pigment and won't be as dark as you might want it to be but pigment has UV blockers in it so laying all colors and not choosing grayscale is best. If you want best results get some refillable cartridges or a CISS fill all 4 with black dye you films will be dark I use to try and use my film printer as a multipurpose printer but found it was much easier just to have a dedicated printer. The 7010 is the same printer without the scanner is usually around $130 and is you find on sale sometimes they have a $50 trade in at some of the office stores and the last one I got for $60.

Reactions: skitten
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.