T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an Epson 4880 printer. I've come to find out the K3 pigment ink that the printer uses stock doesn't hold up / produce the best results for transfer paper.

I would love to be able to use HT ink from inksupply.com but Epson has been so kind as to make their ink cart chips a pain.

Am I missing something? Is there a solution I haven't seen in this God Gift of a forum?

· Registered
4,624 Posts
There are other inks that you can get that are designed for the 4880 printer. Most of the chips don't allow you to see the ink levels, but they are working in all the other ways. You might want to contact a dye sub distributor that also does standard ink transfers to help you. I believe Conde (www.conde.com) recently opened a place in CA - but not sure where. I know they sell ink cartridges for the 4880.

Mark

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've read about the hybrid setup and the mixed reviews of the Chromablast.

I'm not too interested in a dye sub set up. I'd really just like to be able to print on the JPSS with a heat transfer ink.

Thanks guys, I'll check with Conde and Sawgrass to see if they have any suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.