T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Epson 4000 conversion and have set up Acrorip 9 to print KCMY-WWWW and arranged my inks accordingly. Using Epson 4800 as the printer.

It prints everything great except the one Issue I'm having is no matter what I do the rip wont print using the black ink, instead its printing from the first W line, which is normally Photo Black. I feel like its the printer deciding this.

If I print a test page or a photo from the same machine directly using the print driver it prints using the black line no problem but whenever its ripped it uses the PK line.

I have done a lot of testing on this, checking the rip files and if I print a white copy using only the first white ink line I can see in the file that its telling the printer to use a different channel than if I print a pure CMYK black TIF.

Anyone seen this before and have a solution other than changing one of my white lines to black? Is there s printer setting I'm missing?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, I changed my W1 to Black and so am running 3 white instead of 4. Having done some more research It seems the 4000 is a 7 colour print system, it prints either MK or PK not both, it just lets you load both of them at the same time to save the hassle of switching.

Cheers
Stot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update, I changed my W1 to Black and so am running 3 white instead of 4. Having done some more research It seems the 4000 is a 7 colour print system, it prints either MK or PK not both, it just lets you load both of them at the same time to save the hassle of switching.

Cheers
Stot
Hello,

I have an Neoflex (Epson 4880) and I Have a little similar problem. My setup is Dual CMYK, but for some reason, the printer is printing the second magenta channel off the bed and also when I print a Bi-directional alignment test, the second magenta channel is missing. Also when doing a Bi-directional alignment test, there is a cyan box printed over the yellow boxes. It seems like a setup problem.

Here are som pics and a video of my problem.

Did you solve your problem?

Maybe you came up with a solution that could fit in my problem.

Sorry for my poor english. I am from Venezuela.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.