T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, this is my first post in this forum, so please be gentle... :)

I'm considering of buying an Epson 3800 to make a DIY DTG and I have a couple of questions.

1. Which RIP program do you suggest?
2. If I want to use the Ekprint program which driver should I install for the printer? Does the program installs the driver automatically or should I install it separately?
3. Where can I find this driver?
4. I read in several posts that the 3800 is difficult to modify because of several sensors that exist inside. Are there any schematics or instructions for modification? How do I convert the rotational motion of the feeder to a linear? I have enough knowledge of stepper motors, drivers, arduino, servomotors with optical encoders etc, so it will not be a problem to understand. I just need a starting point in the correct direction to save some time... Should I read the optical encoder of the feeder and translate it to my own stepper movement? How should I get synchronized with the existing servomotor? Or should I use the same servomotor to drive the platform?

· Registered
531 Posts
Hi to all, this is my first post in this forum, so please be gentle... :)

I'm considering of buying an Epson 3800 to make a DIY DTG and I have a couple of questions.

1. Which RIP program do you suggest?
2. If I want to use the Ekprint program which driver should I install for the printer? Does the program installs the driver automatically or should I install it separately?
3. Where can I find this driver?
4. I read in several posts that the 3800 is difficult to modify because of several sensors that exist inside. Are there any schematics or instructions for modification? How do I convert the rotational motion of the feeder to a linear? I have enough knowledge of stepper motors, drivers, arduino, servomotors with optical encoders etc, so it will not be a problem to understand. I just need a starting point in the correct direction to save some time... Should I read the optical encoder of the feeder and translate it to my own stepper movement? How should I get synchronized with the existing servomotor? Or should I use the same servomotor to drive the platform?

Everything you need ifor Epison 3800 is FilmMaker v4. This Program support drivers of your printer.

Try the Trial Version.
Download:
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/FM4Trial.exe

More info;
https://www.cadlink.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.