T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ridgely, thanks so much - it does say PAPER in there I see(Not film, as your previous post said)... it's funny how different the dialog boxes are in between windows and a mac - the mac is much more cumbersome - I just did a test print and it isn't quite as opaque as we have had in the past - do your printouts look totally black (opaque) on your light table? This is the best I have seen so far and no smudging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On the 3000 I cant see ANY LIGHT. Blackest I ever printed on any film.
No luck here - I have tried so many different combos including a ton of the default setting that were showing like yours or similar to yours - everything is just like a light to dark gray - I need someone who is using a MAC and an Epson 3000 - and find out what settings they are using.

A couple of quick questions also - do you start with a 300 dpi blank page in Photoshop and Grayscale? Just curious - thanks again.:)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
You can do that. I usually do my designs in rgb, then separate to channels. You can take the color picker and hover over an area on the image and look at the info tab, that will show you the black levels for any given pixel area. Make sure the area is 100% k. Can you print black from any document to plain paper?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You can do that. I usually do my designs in rgb, then separate to channels. You can take the color picker and hover over an area on the image and look at the info tab, that will show you the black levels for any given pixel area. Make sure the area is 100% k. Can you print black from any document to plain paper?
Yes I can... I just can't beleive there isn't anyone on this forum who is working on a Mac and has an Epson Stylus 3000 - If I could find someone who has this, they can simply give me "THE" recipe here - still have crappy prints coming out - sheesh! LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Virgil.
I just noticed something in your #3 post.
You said you have the clipped corner on the top right.
Just to be clear, you are loading the clipped corner in the bottom right as the film is sitting in the paper tray toward you right? If the clipped corner is being fed in first then the film is UPSIDE DOWN!
Not trying to question you, but if the clipped corner is top right as the film in sitting in the feed tray, it will be wrong. You can also check the film by wetting your figertip, and finding the sticky side, which is the printable side. Sorry to hear your problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah, when I got hired here a year ago they showed me how to feel the film for the rough side up, so I actually got used to doing it that way, then I eventually saw the note on the 1 rounded corner, so that is not the problem - great question tho.... This whole thing is just so weird... I consider myself almost a "Master OF The Universe" when it comes to computers... learned animation, 3D, pc assembly, network configurations, audio recording, graphic design, programming and a ton of other things through the years -, but I am definitely baffled by this thing. IMHO, my best guess is it's the printer. However, my true dream in life today is to meet someone in this forum that has an Epson 3000 who is on a Mac - I am not much of a Mac guy myself, but they have one here at the office that I am forced to work on LOL.

90% of all computer problems can be resolved with a baseball bat.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.