T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have a Fast T-Jet Epson 2200 Machine which we are having great trouble getting to print again. It is used for printing white ink as well as colours.

It was printing just a blank nozzle check so we bought a new print head, as the old one had been used for a very long time without changing it.

We have fitted the new print head but the nozzle check is still coming out virtually blank, there's maybe a couple of tiny bits of lines on there.

We have heard that perhaps we need to flush the print head but we're not entirely sure how to do this. Also we don't have a tube attachment for our syringe, do you think if I buy just a plastic tube from a hardware store or something, that fits tightly on the syringe, we can use it to flush the print head?

Do we basically just attach the tube to the bits where the cartridges join the print head and push cleaning solution through?

Also, when attaching the cartridges to the new print head, some ink spilled out onto the top area of the print head, we have tried our best to clean it all off but I am wondering if this might have caused some damage or something?

I would greatly appreciate any help, we really need to get this machine up and running again ASAP!

Also, we are based in York in the UK, if anyone with expertise in this area would be able to have a look at it for us that would be amazing, we will pay of course!

Thanks,

-Lawrence

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it seems we do need to replace these parts, however finding somewhere in the UK willing to do it at a not entirely outrageous price is proving difficult, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

-L

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes it seems we do need to replace these parts, however finding somewhere in the UK willing to do it at a not entirely outrageous price is proving difficult, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

-L
Have you done an ink charge? , the head needs filling first , if the cap station waste bottle is filling up after a clean or charge then it doesn't need replacing yet , other problems as mentioned when having issues with a new head could be starvation from the dampers (replace) or even air in the ink lines (syringe out) , one thing to remember don't push fluid through the head (forward waterfall) that can seriously damage the head plate, always suck up through the head ( reverse waterfall) there are so many reasons when an Epson head wont print it is a nightmare :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

No I haven't done an ink charge, I will try this. I have syringed all the lines so I know they are working.

I did flush cleaning solution forwards through the print head as I was advised to do this by someone else, there seems to be so much conflicting advice on this subject! I just hope that hasn't damaged it any.

Thanks,

Lawrence

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi,

No I haven't done an ink charge, I will try this. I have syringed all the lines so I know they are working.

I did flush cleaning solution forwards through the print head as I was advised to do this by someone else, there seems to be so much conflicting advice on this subject! I just hope that hasn't damaged it any.

Thanks,

Lawrence
Hi Lawrence
Don't worry you will know if its damaged as the plate will show up any imperfections similar to slight bubbling on the surface this is caused by too much pressure being applied when forcing the fluid through ..

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hi,

Thanks,

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

If it's a new print head, there is no need to flush it with cleaning solution. Making sure your capping assembly is working properly is essential. The print head and capping station work in tandem to make sure you're getting good prints.

-Alex

·
Registered
386 Posts

Thanks,

-L
Im in the uk and buy everything now from china etc ...

I was quoted from a particular supplier $1000 for a print head and $100 for a print cable ...

Today I have bought :
1 new Original Printhead
1 full set of carts
1 carriage (I have the dreaded seemingly common issue with white carts not resetting during print)
1 printhead ribbon cable (ive only replace the head once but when I removed the head I got with it, the ribbon connectors were lifting from the cable)
1 coding strip
1 capping station & pump
with 3/7 day fedex delivery

£290ish

I could of paid less for a new compatible printhead.

Had i known the printer would become obsolete so quickly re replacement parts I would have looked at other machines. Ive had it coming up to 4 years bought from EZ (maybe 4 years is a long time ? but not when your still chasing a ROI)

Currently mine is dead in the water with white in op... 2 whites a working poorly and one wont come on at all ... managed to get 2 orders out today by doing 4/5 passes of white ... barely managed ... hopefully once everything arrives I will be back to full steam ...

Ive also invested in a hydrometer and a humidifier as the office was at 40% now its at 50% +

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.