T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm setting up a new screen printing shop in out embroidery business. I have most of the equipment ordered. I have bought an Epson 1430 for positives. I know a RIP would give me the darkest prints but what settings in the printer setup should I be concerned with? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Also- I have Quick seps and plan on doing spot color and index. I have a small amount of screen printing knowledge from a past shop. Do I need a RIP to do index prints?

· Registered
148 Posts
bumping this up-

Anyone ?? Could use your help please.
No, you don't need a rip. RIP's are mostly for creating good usable half tones. I have the 1430 and it works just fine.

I use a Mac and I didn't see what you use. When printing, I simply go into the printer dialog and tell it I'm printing on premium photo paper and set the quality to photo or RPM. Takes longer to print, but you can get a good solid black without creating rich black in your artwork.

I'm just using standard epson inks as well. I'm looking into getting a continuous ink system for it.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
4 Posts
I struggled with getting my print settings right, for a while.

I was trying to print through Illustrator (on the Mac) and I could NEVER find the RPM settings that folks were talking about.

For me, the secret was saving the seps as a pdf, and then opening in Preview (Mac's default pdf reader) and low and behold, there were other print settings that I could never find.

Oddly, I was only able to get darker blacks (without the banding) with the glossy photo there, than I was able to get in Illustrator.

I was about to lose my mind, because EVERY print test out of illustrator had banding, and wasn't very black.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.