T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I picked up a used one for a song and it seems to work well.

What do I need to do to change to pigment inks? Should I run cleaning solution through the print heads before installing refillable cartridges?

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Thanks. I picked up a used one for a song and it seems to work well.

What do I need to do to change to pigment inks? Should I run cleaning solution through the print heads before installing refillable cartridges?
The Epson 1430 is the replacement for the 1400, it's 99% identical. But is using dye inks, however, you can can get 3rd party pigment inks for it from various places. Cobra has those inks along with an ICC profile.

The WF7110 that the OP mentioned is native pigment and you can get 3rd party pigments for that model as well.

My opinion is that for tshirts 4 colors is fine, the difference between 4 and 6 color printers is nil when you heat transfer, it does make a difference on Photo glossy paper, but that is not what we heat transfer.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Epson 1430 is the replacement for the 1400, it's 99% identical. But is using dye inks, however, you can can get 3rd party pigment inks for it from various places. Cobra has those inks along with an ICC profile.

The WF7110 that the OP mentioned is native pigment and you can get 3rd party pigments for that model as well.

My opinion is that for tshirts 4 colors is fine, the difference between 4 and 6 color printers is nil when you heat transfer, it does make a difference on Photo glossy paper, but that is not what we heat transfer.
Thanks, I have refillable pigment carts from Cobra. Wondering if I should flush it out before changing over to them?

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Thanks, I have refillable pigment carts from Cobra. Wondering if I should flush it out before changing over to them?
It's not necessary to flush. There are no ink lines as the carts sit directly above the heads. Once the printers firmware recognizes the new carts the printer does a head clean and ink charge. This completely displaces the old inks out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.