T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Epson 1400 has a CIS syustem installed in it, but after a solid month of trying to fix banding problems with the prints, I gave up and focused my time on other things.

Now, I'd like to get back into printing heat transfers, but I'm at a loss of where to start. I've been looking into refillable cartridges hoping that they'll be less hassle than trying to manage ink flow, drying, etc. with the CIS. My main concern is, will my printer be able to function still? I don't know if the print heads or any of the actual printer components have been damaged by this idle time, or if it will be fine after I take out the CIS and put in new cartriges.

I've also seen on Epson / SP Models (Stylus Photo) / 1400 -- InkJetCarts Online Store that there is a printhead cleaning system. Is that something I can use for this situation? Would it even help?

I'm at a total loss of where to start, so any help would be great! Thanks T-shirt Forums community!

·
Registered
299 Posts
call the guy at ink jet carts, if he can't help you then toss it. he is an expert!!!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Right on Joe....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts