T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a epson 1400 printer and am going to be using it for t-shirt transfers and i read some threads on this but everyone seems to have a different opinion so my questions are.......

1. What is the best ink to use for transfers?

2. What is the best paper for light colored shirts?

3. What is the best paper for dark coored shirts?

4. Do i need a CIS system or will the original cartridges good enough?

5. What should i charge per shirt? ( i was using a roland pc 60 printer/cutter for prints and the ink cost is outrageous, so my prices are gonna change a little i hope!)

Thanks guys! I appreciate any question anyone can answer!

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
The 1400 comes with claria ink which is NOT pigmented but water resistant..some on the forum have had good luck with the ink...I use mine only for sublimation.

The best paper is in the eye of the beholder...for inkjet light shirt...JPSS seems to have the nod..as to darks, I outsource to dtg

You can get pigment ink in either carts or cis...cis sure cuts the price per transfer down

What should you charge...that is up to you.. and what price you pay for the shirts. and what you value you labor at and most important...what is the price range of your competition

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest i dont have much competition around me.....I have only owned my business for about 7 months and I havent quite figured out how to promote my shirts as much....I dont have a huge budget at this point

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm new to using the Epson 1400 and JPSS for lights. So far everything is good and I'm getting good feedback from my customers on the quality of the print. I use vinyl and plastisol transfers also. For me the trick is just finding the right method for the each job especially because I'm doing jobs in a wide range of quantities. I've done some as small as 9 shirts and hopefully finishing up a 350 this weekend.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I just purchased a epson 1400 printer and am going to be using it for t-shirt transfers and i read some threads on this but everyone seems to have a different opinion so my questions are.......

1. What is the best ink to use for transfers?

2. What is the best paper for light colored shirts?

3. What is the best paper for dark coored shirts?

4. Do i need a CIS system or will the original cartridges good enough?

5. What should i charge per shirt? ( i was using a roland pc 60 printer/cutter for prints and the ink cost is outrageous, so my prices are gonna change a little i hope!)

Thanks guys! I appreciate any question anyone can answer!
Hello Corey,I think you get many answers to your questions as charlie says a lot is based on opinions.I suggest JPSS paper for lights and Jet wear dark for dark shirts. I like using durabrite ink, but a bulk ink system would be more cost efficient. I want to add that Ink jet transfer are a great alternative to other forms of printing. I encourage you to do lots of testing for durability and remember to include laundry instructions and a disclaimer that some fading is expected and/or normal. .... JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts