T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
708 Posts
my epson 1400 is leaving blank streaks in my images. i have no idea how to fix it. Please help!
Print a nozzle check to find out what colors have minor clogging or ink starvation. Also, let us know what inks you are using (OEM, aftermarket, pigment, dye, unicorn blood, etc). If you're using a CIS or aftermarket carts you may have lost vacuum or seal after printing a lot at once, or if you just changed the carts. Banding like this is a common issue with Epson printers, on my old one I'd have to let it sit overnight to get the ink flow back to normal after changing carts (which is why I got a CIS for my new printer).

· Registered
708 Posts
You will have to refer to your supplier for specific instructions on care and maintenance of your CIS. Make sure all the carts/dampers are pushed down solidly into the ink bay and check the tubes to make sure there's no air in them. Whenever I would get banding lines like that, the printer would still usually print without streaks on photo mode. Once you check the parts, I would run ONE cleaning cycle (you did install a waste ink tank right?). You will waste a lot of ink doing too many cleaning cycles... one supplier recommends not doing cleaning cycles at all, but instead running a purge chart with all color profiling turned off to get the ink flow running.

Like I said, with my Epson R220 if I wound up with banding issues like that sometimes I would simply have to wait overnight. Another way I found to shake the air out of the printhead faster after changing carts is to make a full sheet of a 1% grey block and print it on the ultra premium super microweave mode just so the print head gets shaken up a lot without using a lot of ink.

· Registered
203 Posts
I would agree with the above pacticularily what Fenrir says about the Photo Mode. I sometimes find if the setting in the print preferences is set to Plain Papers and the box below set to normal the printer head prints in strips of about an inch and frequently leaves that band between each strip. If you set the Normal to Fine in the dropdown box the printer head tends to work in lines IE FINE and stops the problem. Having said that all the advice above rearding clogging etc needs looked at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.