T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone pleeeease help me. My Epson 1280 keeps leaving white or gray lines through all the colors. I have tried cleaning the head about 100 times. I called the tech and he told me to put 10 - 12 drops of windex on the gray sponge pad, tried that, still doing this. I don't know what to do and of course I have shirts to get done.
Thanks,
Ronda

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Re: Printer problems

If you need some quick help, PM badalou. Hes an ex Epson rep. He might have some suggestions for you.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

And the answer is...First of course you must clean nozzles, that's a given. Second, do a nozzle check. Third, print on regular paper and set to very best photo. (Do not print a transfer)Now right before all this happen did you have a paper jam of any kind??? And if so how did you remove paper. it sounds like you are having a banding problem which is what you are describing. Now for the bad part.. only because you use ink.. but you need to get the clog out that is in fact causing the problem. Unlike a lot of printers the print heads on an Epson are built into the printer. Other brands have them on cartridge. I am totally against anyone using s sponge or any think that is abrasive on a print head. at the most a soft clean cloth. And do not use a swab. The cotton can be pulled into the print head.. then you are going to be able to sell your printer on ebay for $5.00. Let me know if I have helped. Been There, done that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I changed my paper setting to photo enhance and that has taken care of the problem, but am worried that I will get to much ink on the shirts with that setting? I was just using the plain paper setting and hadn't had any problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Badalou, I'm having a banding problem also. It looks great for the first few inches of print, then it starts banding. Head cleaning has little or no effect. Any suggetions.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

Dan, did you do the cleaning more then one time. I know it seems like it will not go away. but you may have to do it a few times. It does waste ink. Also like I said before push the picture quality to max on printing, try even to increase the resolution not for the picture but to print more DPI. In other words you are forcing more ink out of the heads. if it clears then back down to where you were before and hopefully you should be OK.. Folks. it is not that I was an Epson rep because I know some of this is because like you I had the problem myself. I bought a CX7800 from best buy and was having problems with the paper. Lots of jams. then I started having the banding problems. would you believe I went through 3 CX78oo in a month. Thank god for warranties. But actually it was the paper that was causing most of the problems. Then I just started trying different things till I figured it out.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Set back to plain paper, look further down in the box and move the speed setting to quality, that should fill in the gaps without laying down too much ink.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Join Epson_Printers Yahoo group. You will get lots of help.
Been reading about lots of clogs with the 1280s lately on various
boards.

Don't do too many head cleanings you can ruin your printhead.
3/4 nozzle checks/cleans. Then print test color bars. The support link at personalizedsupplies.com has some you can save/use.

Have you cleaned your print heads by rubbing with Simple Green, Windex/Amnonia or babywipe?

Put new OEM carts in and see what happens.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Quick follow-up...I'm not posting tips here because I do not own the information that is shared about Epson cleaning/ink/printhead. If you join Epson_printers you will see very clearly someone who posts all the time. Ditto there's a member on another group as well. Up to you if you want to read technical stuff to understand ins/outs of your Epson printer and how to keep it running without buying a new one or sending it out for repair/cleaning. Just sharing :) Susan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts