T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my Epson 1280/continuous ink system/Magic Mix Inks. All the colors work great except the Yellow. I have tried the standard cleanings and installed the old epson cartridge which works fine after a cleaning. When I reinstall the bulk ink system it works for 2 or 3 prints and starts to fade again. I am in the process of using cleaning fluid but can't tell if its the head clogging or if the yellow system is getting air in it. Any suggestion would help Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Try to put the bulk system at the same level as the cartridge (ex: put a book under the bulk system) this might help a lot.

You might also need to make several head cleaning and nozzle check before having the system up and running correctly.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
it's time to ditch the epson. in the last 5 years... i have gone through 6 epson printes trying to find one that works well CONTINUOUSLY with a CIS....a 2200... two 1280's... two r280s... and now my six month old 1400.

between myself, my epson repairman, and my CIS & ink vendor... we have pretty much figured out that it's a motherboard issue... a failsafe built in to prevent the use of a CIS....

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
for every post that xtee posts against the epson...I post positive results...so like cars...some have good luck...some bad...sometimes it is the dealer or manufacturer..sometimes it's not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts