T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a CIS System for an epson 1280 it has bubbles throughout the tubing. how do I get them out? Im a little retarted to please explain it to me like a 2 year old lol

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You should've gotten a little bottle with a tip on the end with your install kit. This is the primer bottle. You need to pull the plastic cartridge (reservoir) from the printer, squeeze your primer bottle to release all the air in it, then insert the tip into your plastic cartridge and relieve pressure on the bottle (thus causing the bottle to suck air/ink through the line). Once the reservoir is full all the air should be out, place the cartridge back into the printer, and rinse out your primer bottle (you can fill up a sink with water and use the same suction method to get water into the bottle to help clean the ink out). I had my Yellow do this to me a few weeks after I got my printer, cleared it easily, but then my black had it happen and it took me a few times to get all the air out, and I think I bumped my red or something cause then I had problems with the red, took me about 30 minutes to get it back up n goin though.

After you've done it, it's best to print four squares, each one filled with a CMYK color for each cartridge (Cyan for one square, Magenta for the second, Yellow for the third, Key/black for the fourth). This does a few things: it pushes the ink through the head so you're sure you're printing fine next time, it lets you know the colors are all coming out normal, and it lets you know it's not reclogging. I have a sublimation system, but I'm sure all bulk systems work off the same principles and I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts