T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone seen or used the new Epson 1100?

It is wide format and uses durabrite ink. It holds 2 black and CYM individually. Just curious if anyone has grabbed one yet. $199 at Epson.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also looking into this printer. I was sold on the Epson 1400 and now I see the workforce 1100 with durabrite ink. I would love to hear some pros and cons of each before I purchase. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just got my Workforce 1100 and so far no issue. Prints very fast. Am going to test tranfers this weekend to check for any ink running but I do not expect any problems.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Cutting the inks down from 6 to 4 will save money and time especially if you get refillables. Just the machine I was hoping Epson would produce. A fast wide format that does not use six photo inks but only four pigment inks. Should be a great machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After doing hours of reading and research, I decided this was the printer for me as well. I have had it for 1 week and am Happy as can be with my choice.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Inkjetcarts.us has said that the 1100 is their new wideformat pick and are working on a refillable system for it. They are by far the cheapest providers of refillables I've seen on the web. (Just thought I'd mention that.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just ordered an Epson Workforce 1100 and am looking forward to this setup. Anyone know how many prints you can get off the high capacity ink cart that it comes with?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wish I could help but a lot depends on what you print. I print a lot of pictures and graphics so I will not get as many prints as I would if I printed text documents. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

Carl

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm a newbie, so forgive me if this is a stupid question...
Will this printer print on dark t-shirts?

Thanks SO much - I'm learning great things from all of you!
Peachy

·
Registered
270 Posts
The printer will not directly print on any shirt. You can use the opaque transfer printed by the printer. Will be best if you have the capability of cutting the prints.

Carl

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, actually I know this isn't a DTG : ), but what would I need in order to cut the prints? I don't own a cutter. Just a heat press and an emb machine.

Thanks so much, Carl!
Peachy

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you just plan on putting pictures on the shirt you can get by with using a scissors and peeling the picture off the backing to be pressed onto the shirt. You do not have to mirror print. If you are going to put graphocs on then you really need an optic eye cutter. I have a Roland GX24 but it is expensive. Hopefully someone else who has a cheaper eye optic cutter will jump in with a recommendtaion. Hope thi helps.

Carl.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts