T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ghostscript. I assume you have ghostview also. Ghostscript does the work, but ghostview serves to view and print. You need a postscript printer driver. You are not going to print with it, just send instructions to GS. Corel had a "device independent postscript file". Many use HP 4MV. There are a lot of others.
1. With the device open in your design program, select print. Select your postscript driver. Make separation settings. Even if you are only printing one color, you have to check separations to set lpi and angle. Be sure "print to file" is checked and hit print. This gives you the option of saving a prn file. Select your folder for the print file (I keep all of them in a folder named "print files". Click save.
2. Open Ghostview. Open the print file. (The postscript driver and ghostview must both be set to the page size of the design.) Click print. Select your printer. If an inkjet, make sure GDI printer is selected in the lower left of the printer dialog.
3. Click OK.
That's about as simple as I can make it. Just reply if you need more help.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ghostscript. I assume you have ghostview also. Ghostscript does the work, but ghostview serves to view and print. You need a postscript printer driver. You are not going to print with it, just send instructions to GS. Corel had a "device independent postscript file". Many use HP 4MV. There are a lot of others.
1. With the device open in your design program, select print. Select your postscript driver. Make separation settings. Even if you are only printing one color, you have to check separations to set lpi and angle. Be sure "print to file" is checked and hit print. This gives you the option of saving a prn file. Select your folder for the print file (I keep all of them in a folder named "print files". Click save.
2. Open Ghostview. Open the print file. (The postscript driver and ghostview must both be set to the page size of the design.) Click print. Select your printer. If an inkjet, make sure GDI printer is selected in the lower left of the printer dialog.
3. Click OK.
That's about as simple as I can make it. Just reply if you need more help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.