T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1400 died and I got an Epson 1100. It will not print halftones in Ghostscript. Any idea of how to configure the 1100 to Ghostscript? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't understand computers (or the woman in the CPU) but I downloaded a later version of Ghostscript and it works fine. God Bless.

·
Registered
996 Posts
HAL is also one letter before IBM.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to give a detailed explanation how to run ghostscript.

I have it installed, then what?

am I going to have to start a new thread?

helppppppppppppp

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ghostscript. I assume you have ghostview also. Ghostscript does the work, but ghostview serves to view and print. You need a postscript printer driver. You are not going to print with it, just send instructions to GS. Corel had a "device independent postscript file". Many use HP 4MV. There are a lot of others.
1. With the device open in your design program, select print. Select your postscript driver. Make separation settings. Even if you are only printing one color, you have to check separations to set lpi and angle. Be sure "print to file" is checked and hit print. This gives you the option of saving a prn file. Select your folder for the print file (I keep all of them in a folder named "print files". Click save.
2. Open Ghostview. Open the print file. (The postscript driver and ghostview must both be set to the page size of the design.) Click print. Select your printer. If an inkjet, make sure GDI printer is selected in the lower left of the printer dialog.
3. Click OK.
That's about as simple as I can make it. Just reply if you need more help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ghostscript. I assume you have ghostview also. Ghostscript does the work, but ghostview serves to view and print. You need a postscript printer driver. You are not going to print with it, just send instructions to GS. Corel had a "device independent postscript file". Many use HP 4MV. There are a lot of others.
1. With the device open in your design program, select print. Select your postscript driver. Make separation settings. Even if you are only printing one color, you have to check separations to set lpi and angle. Be sure "print to file" is checked and hit print. This gives you the option of saving a prn file. Select your folder for the print file (I keep all of them in a folder named "print files". Click save.
2. Open Ghostview. Open the print file. (The postscript driver and ghostview must both be set to the page size of the design.) Click print. Select your printer. If an inkjet, make sure GDI printer is selected in the lower left of the printer dialog.
3. Click OK.
That's about as simple as I can make it. Just reply if you need more help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And that is a woman in my CPU. I know because everything I suggest, she does something else.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ahhhhhh, that's what I thought, you have to save the file then open it elsewhere.

That's what makes Accurip and FastRip appealing, you just hit that print driver and print.

And now that my old FastRip won't work on my new Epson 1400 I got to make a decision soon as to what to do.

But thanks for clearing that up.

I didn't know there were Rednecks in Mississippi, I thought they were all up here in Indiana.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts