T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My customer send me this eps file to do separation on balck and white Tshirt.
I do have a problem open this in corel x6 , Could anyone please tell me what to do ?

First image I open in EPS file in Illustrator CS4 no problem .

Second image open EPS file in CorelX6 the black seem to lost it .

Third image I open in Illustrator CS4 and safeas Ai without compress then open in Corel , It comeout like this .

What should i do to open this eps file in corelx6 and get the same result like open in Illustrator ?

I have attach the orignial eps file here so that you could try to open it and help me.

DIZZCLOUD

Please anyone .

Attachments

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I do find the problem for this .

I open in Illustrator CS4 and open the Layer find many color group.

The black color groups seem to be the Problem
which i don't know why i can not open this alone in CorelX6 .

I do create new document and safe only Black color group in this and safe in Ai format but still got the same problem when open in corel

Attachments

· Registered
2,007 Posts
Another thing to try is once open in Illustrator try saving as an EPS but an older version. Say CS2 maybe. Then have a new document open in CD6 and import the file. I know you can open EPS files in Corel Draw now but just for giggles and grins try import first. Some EPS files that won't open or import in Corel Draw will if I save to an EPS file in an older version of Illy.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another thing to try is once open in Illustrator try saving as an EPS but an older version. Say CS2 maybe. Then have a new document open in CD6 and import the file. I know you can open EPS files in Corel Draw now but just for giggles and grins try import first. Some EPS files that won't open or import in Corel Draw will if I save to an EPS file in an older version of Illy.

Try that and still get the same problem

Will try GhostView as a final result.

Attachments

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you tried to save as a PDF from Illustrator then importing the PDF into a new doc in Corel?

Yes , I did that already , still get the same result .

I got many of these kind of art works to do separation in corel , and want to use simplessep3 to do the separation for me.
So I have to go back to illustrator CC and do manual separation
but luckly i got PowerRip to do the halftone for me.

But still want to solve this problem .

No wonder why many people use both Illustrator and Corel !!:)

· Registered
344 Posts
Don't ever try opening an EPS file from Illustrator to Corel, or the other way around.

Just don't even bother with it.

RASTERIZE the artwork either in Illustrator directly, or you can attempt to copy/paste to photoshop or rasterize while opening in photoshop.

There is nothing difficult about this artwork as a raster image.

When trying to dig into the complex puzzle of a vector file supplied from a 3rd party, you're always going to spend a pointless amount of time to get through all the objects, settings, colors, etc.

Rasterize with a transparent background, and you've got everything as one image, 300 DPI at the final print dimensions so you don't lose any quality or detail that would have resolved on a stencil anyway, and you can then separate it in whatever program you want... photoshop, illustrator, corel, etc.

I see about 7 colors with some blending.

Yellow
Orange (or blend the red and yellow to get this)
Red (with some black mixed for shades)
Purple (with some halftone tinting)
Dark Brown-Grey (with some black mixed in darker areas)
Black

The dark brown is really going to be a difficult blend to create if trying to use the yellow/red/blacks to simulate it, but could be done with high-quality and mathematically accurate separation, film, and screenmaking/printing (this requires quality-control)...

The purple cannot be made by simulating unless using a Red/magenta and blue, which there is no other blue in the image so it's pointless to use a blue screen when you only need the purple for that blend.

The entire image could be printed as just Cyan, Magenta, Yellow - CMY process, but this is nearly impossible to truly get the blacks and shades to all behave correctly, and again you don't really need magenta or cyan... so this art is a mixture of spot-color modes and some blending / overprinting.

The dark brown is so dark that most of the black would have a tendency to overpower the lighter halftone of red/yellow that would create the brown when mixed with black, so this is why I suggest using an actual custom dark grey-brown ink and separating that piece on it's own.

You'll spend more time trying to do all this with vector, than with raster, and even more so when trying to translate it from Illustrator to Corel, as you've seen.

Vector is great if you're the one building your own artwork and you know how to use the color swatches and effects to create pre-separated files.... but it's a nightmare when dealing with supplied artwork, and I always rasterize and separate in a few minutes instead of waste time even looking at the vector objects.

Too many issues can arise especially ones you don't notice until the screens are made or it is up on the press, but all this is non-existent with rasterizing the original artwork.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I agree with Jeff raster can be printed without issue but some just can't grasp printing with raster. Once you can grasp this it will make you a better printer.

With that said there has never been a file I couldn't work around. I have done it for many members. There is no one answer to make it work. If you want PM me for email and I will convert it so you can open in Corel.

· Registered
344 Posts
I agree with Jeff raster can be printed without issue but some just can't grasp raster printing. Once you can grasp this it will make you a better printer.

With that said there has never been a file I couldn't work around. I have done it for many members. There is no one answer to make it work. If you want PM me for email and I will convert it so you can open in Corel.

What do you mean by "raster printing"?

· Registered
8,374 Posts
What do you mean by "raster printing"?
Never said "raster printing" I said raster can be printed. As in you can use a raster file for stepping and going to press. New printer usually want vector. I actually convert almost every to raster before sepping.

· Registered
344 Posts
Never said "raster printing" I said raster can be printed. As in you can use a raster file for stepping and going to press. New printer usually want vector. I actually convert almost every to raster before sepping.
"I agree with Jeff raster can be printed without issue but some just can't grasp RASTER PRINTING."

I understand you may have meant... raster separating?

But you did say "some just can't grasp raster printing."

I was only looking for some clarification as to whether you thought the printing method would be different... even if separated from raster or vector, the printing method I would suggest is the same.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Stupid ipad. It was suppose to say printing WITH raster. I must of mistyped and it auto corrected

Thanks for pointing that out. I went back and corrected.

· Registered
344 Posts
Stupid ipad. It was suppose to say printing WITH raster. I must of mistyped and it auto corrected

Thanks for pointing that out. I went back and corrected.
Ok but I still have the same question, then, lol...

What do you mean by "printing WITH raster" ??

Do you mean starting with a raster image instead of a vector file?

Even though it is still more complicated because it depends on the vector file and what it's made of (which can be raster images etc, like the distress filter in that graphic is probably a raster overlay) -- I suppose it is a sad fact that most printers are told they should focus on vector and then down the rabbit-hole they go... having to learn more and more and more about all the tricks and settings etc...

In my opinion dealing with a flat raster image and getting films out of it should be the first thing someone learns if they want to consider themselves to actually be a printer. Otherwise there are too many variables that make it so they either can or cannot proceed from the art to the print, such as the reason for this thread being started.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.