T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can answer this. I have downloaded several different vector graphic collections from various free sites most are in .eps format. Some will open in X3, some won't. I'm curious as to why this happens.
Mike

·
Registered
675 Posts
eps. files are Photoshop files. Try using the import command. If you use the import command, you will have to size the image to the aqctual size.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ellen, I've tried both importing and opening. Corel allows me to import or open the .eps file as an encapsulated post script but not as curves or text or as editable. I get an error message " an error occured while processing gomedia-free-set12.eps the file cannot be opened" P.S. I have several files, besides gomedia.com, that this happens with.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
An .eps file can be Raster or Vector (a bit confusing, eh?) But GoMedia's files should all be vector. Some errors are related to the fact of whether Corel or Adobe were used to create them. For example, if Adobe CS3 was used to create the file, and not saved down to a lower version, then Corel may not recognise it because it is the latest version. You should email GoMEdia and ask them, they should be able to help.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Robert, some gomedia.com files open and are editable. Never occured to me they could have been created with AI. Maybe thats why they're free. I got what I paid for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts