T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
D/l some eps files. When I open them up I can not ungroup them. Only option available is break curve apart. However when I do that the image normally goes all to a solid color

Attached is one.
When I bring it in to corel X4 theres a black box with the pit bull head in white. I would like to edit it in means other than using the shape tool.

anything I can do ? I get alot like these.

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I checked out the eps in Illustrator CS4. It can ungroup the file into two objects. I can change the colors of the strokes and fills as I wanted no problem. Even if it were a single object with no groups to begin with, I should be able to change the colors of the strokes and fills easily.

I then opened it up in CorelDRAW X4 and DRAW does not see the two groups as Illustrator does, so it is just a single object in DRAW. But I can change the colors of the stroke and fill no problem.

If you want to do more than just change the colors of the existing stokes and fills, first change the fill color to transparent and only leave a stroke color. Then you can break apart the object and it won't all turn a solid color, you will only have the strokes visible. Then create and close paths as you want and then apply a fill.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
USE THE OBJECT MANAGER!

I downloaded this and imported it into X4. For me it has 2 objects, and black rectangle and the white dog shape. What is interesting is that the black is not a solid rectangle... it has the dog shape removed. The white curve is just the dog that you can make whatever color you want.

This has the obvious characteristics of a bitmap that has been run through an autotrace (cusp nodes where they should be curves, the black NOT a solid rectangle)

If you want to edit the color of the dog objects you will have to CTRL-K them to break apart the curves.
The only object that goes solid when you break it apart is the left ear. So just select that object and give it a white fill, or do a back minus front and punch it out.

What is it that you want to do? It is essentilly a solid shape, save for the ear, a couple nostrils, and one eyeball. Not sure what you would want to change?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I opened the file in X3, the file was already ungrouped, I left clicked my mouse and put a square around it, grouped it under the arrange tab, then ungrouped it. Hope this helped, Mike

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What if I want it just like the original - except no black box? I want a solid black outline
I do not understand the question... "just like the original" "no black box" "solid black outline"
So you want just the dog shape? That is the white curve!

Do you want to know how to delete an object? (select it, hit delete key)
Do you want to know how to give an object a black outline? (select it, rt-click the color you want)

Why don't you tell us what you are really trying to do? What the output is going to be can influence how you prepare the file.

Is this:
-cut vinyl decal
-print/cut
-sublimation
-laser engrave
-DTG
-heat press vinyl
-screen pressed

when I do that the image normally goes all to a solid color
View as wireframe and use the object manager... then you can see what you are working with.
When you break apart a curve, all the sub objects get the same outline and fill properties as the original object.

Look at your EPS... it contains a black curve and a white curve. If you delete the black object you will have just the dog shape. You do not need the black object at all. Just use the white one. Because it is white on a white background you can't see it unless you change it's color or use wireframe or object manager.

Do you really not know how to delete an object or give one an outline?? OR, you really want something else and are saying it wrong? I would expect that someone who knows how to break something apart has already mastered deleting an object and rt-clicking to get an outline.

Here is my guess:

You want a contour around the shape of the dog face... not just an outline of the objects (the white curve)

If so... you will have to draw it because the data does not exist in the EPS.
Use the contour tool (F9) to give it an outline around the selected objects.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
I took it into corel 9- then break apart-all turns black. Now go to view-click on wireframe-- click 0n the box line and delete.-now go back to enhanced view and you should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts