T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a newbie, just printed almost successfully with my own supplies for the first time. The only real trouble I ran into was that I had a very hard time removing the emulsion. I used Enviro-Strip... I sprayed it directly onto both sides of the screen and let it sit for 30 seconds, and then washed it out with a spray hose. Are there any common mistakes that would make it so hard to wash out? :confused: I sprayed it on when the screen was damp... does it need to be dry? The emulsion I used was ProChem SWR-3.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. :)

RatedOG, what do you scrub it with? I have these sort of coarse pads that I used, but I may have rinsed some off the chemical off before I scrubbed.

Celtic, I have a hose with a tip that sprays out at high pressure. It's not one of those huge long ones that I've used before in professional screen printing shops, but it seems to get a respectable amount of pressure.

Will try again next weekend! :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use these from silkscreeningsupplies.com
Replaceable Red Scrub Pad For Screen Cleaning

I get the screen wet on both sides. Spray diluted enviro strip onto both sides of screen. Sit for a minute. Scrub both sides till I can see the emulsion starting to break up. Spray the heck out of the screen till off, takes just a minute. Except the corners take a little more time where the emulsion might be a little thick.

I have a pressure washer, but I find I don't really need it that often. It is nice because it takes off the emulsion quicker. But it takes me just as long considering I have to hook up the hose to it and plug it in. My garden hose works perfectly fine with a nozzle like you mentioned. I actually just got done reclaiming 6 screens about 10 minutes ago :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.