T-Shirt Forums banner

ENTRY #6 - 2012 DTG Battle Royale - Photos and Rating

4K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Rodney 
#1 ·
Each entry will be given 10 points each for the 5 different rating factors (for a total 50 points max):

First Impressions - is the print "display ready" without pretreat stains and heat press squares

Sharpness of Detail in the print

Softness of Hand on the print

Print accuracy - (registration, trapping, no banding, even ink distribution)

Washability - how does the print hold up after the initial wash?

This post covers the first 4 factors with photos. The wash tests will be done over the next few days.

FI: 9

SOD: 7

SOH: 8

PA: 8

Total Before Wash: 32

Some things I looked for specifically in each entry:

• My initial reaction of pulling the t-shirt out of the box. Was I wowed or dissappointed right off the bat?
  • How well the white underbase was trapped on the front print? Are there any white ink highlights peeking through (there shouldn't be any)
  • Evidence of pretreatment? Could I tell right off where the pretreat "square" was? Most entries actually did pretty well at this
  • Ink coverage on the back print. Lots more solid color areas on the back. Were the colors smooth or splotchy looking?
  • Color and fades in the back design? How well were the color variations handled?
  • How did the print feel overall? Could I tell where the t-shirt stopped and the ink of the design started? Did the print feel heavy or barely noticeable

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Photos after one wash:

Nothing special was done to the wash settings.

I just left the settings on whatever they were already on from the last load of normal laundry: regular cycle (slow/fast), cold water, Tide laundry detergent the t-shirts were not turned inside out. Dried in the dryer on normal (medium high) heat.

Attachments

#3 ·
Photos after 3rd and final wash test:

On the 2nd wash I washed all the t-shirts in cold water and dried on normal (medium high) heat.

On the 3rd wash was the same as first and second washes :)

Most of the DTG printed t-shirts held up pretty well in the wash tests. There were a couple of exceptions, but overall it was good to see again how well the colors and brightness stayed throughout the 3 washes.

Washability: 9

Total rating points: 41

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.