T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each entry will be given 10 points each for the 5 different rating factors (for a total 50 points max):

First Impressions - is the print "display ready" without pretreat stains and heat press squares

Sharpness of Detail in the print

Softness of Hand on the print

Print accuracy - (registration, trapping, no banding, even ink distribution)

Washability - how does the print hold up after the initial wash?

This post covers the first 4 factors with photos. The wash tests will be done over the next few days.

FI: 10

SOD: 10

SOH: 9

PA: 9

Total Before Wash: 38

Some things I looked for specifically in each entry:

• My initial reaction of pulling the t-shirt out of the box. Was I wowed or dissappointed right off the bat?
  • How well the white underbase was trapped on the front print? Are there any white ink highlights peeking through (there shouldn't be any)
  • Evidence of pretreatment? Could I tell right off where the pretreat "square" was? Most entries actually did pretty well at this
  • Ink coverage on the back print. Lots more solid color areas on the back. Were the colors smooth or splotchy looking?
  • Color and fades in the back design? How well were the color variations handled?
  • How did the print feel overall? Could I tell where the t-shirt stopped and the ink of the design started? Did the print feel heavy or barely noticeable

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos after one wash:

Nothing special was done to the wash settings.

I just left the settings on whatever they were already on from the last load of normal laundry: regular cycle (slow/fast), cold water, Tide laundry detergent the t-shirts were not turned inside out. Dried in the dryer on normal (medium high) heat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photos after 3rd and final wash test:

On the 2nd wash I washed all the t-shirts in cold water and dried on normal (medium high) heat.

On the 3rd wash was the same as first and second washes :)

Most of the DTG printed t-shirts held up pretty well in the wash tests. There were a couple of exceptions, but overall it was good to see again how well the colors and brightness stayed throughout the 3 washes.

Washability: 10

Total rating points: 48
(PS. This print was pretty darn amazing! I almost want to say it got even better after the last wash)

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nicely done. Now you can message me your secrets! Congrats, great print! You going to AC show next year? Two years ago we met Justin walker and he won the belt that year. We met you at AC last year and you took the belt this time. Maybe we are good luck for the DTG battle royale!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Awesome job!!! Congrats.
Shows that when you have the best printer, best software, best support and then combine that with a great operator that has taken the time to learn their craft you can produce an great product. Having met you personally I am not surprised. Congrats again.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
For all the Neoflex operators.
Taking a NeoFlex into the battle is like a Seal Team taking sniper rifles to the local turkey shoot!!!
Congrats to all great printing.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thank you spider, the last key to your puzzle is a great artist , if you have all those your unstoppable. Instill looking for artist.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
You are correct. Great art work is a must. A great artist is invaluable. But hard to find.
I wish I wasn't so art challenged.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jeff McGurren seems to have a talent for artwork, Im sure if you hit him up he would like to work with some other NeoFlex owners in need of a good artist. (Jeff, sorry to throw you out there like that, but you work seems legit!)

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Congrats, well deserved win!
Scholar and gentleman you are. Only competitor who congrat to Champ.
I do will same in future. I want to say thanks on behalf of Glupo.
Also want to thank you & BQ for not try to interfere our own path anymore in these days. I hope we can keep this way for long.:) Peace!
#15 looks great too :)
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Scholar and gentleman you are. Only competitor who congrat to Champ.
I appreciate the compliment, but just so you know, I wasn't a competitor and did not enter the contest. As a matter of fact, I did see some who entered did in fact congratulate the winner. This was about the people printing, not the machine manufacturers. Even though the dtg printer itself does play a role in quality of print, more points go to the competitor for their understanding and implementation of the dtg printing process. It was a well deserved win, Glupo did a great job.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I appreciate the compliment, but just so you know, I wasn't a competitor and did not enter the contest. As a matter of fact, I did see some who entered did in fact congratulate the winner. This was about the people printing, not the machine manufacturers. Even though the dtg printer itself does play a role in quality of print, more points go to the competitor for their understanding and implementation of the dtg printing process. It was a well deserved win, Glupo did a great job.
I agree and understand what you are saying. I should say AA's competitors.
I meant other than you who as a reseller or mfg did not yet congrat to winner. I wish my thanks and peace offer was accepted without tails and read my intention. I may use wrong word but you could give me a break since I learn English over the shoulder. I will maintain my course with wish of you'll too.
Cheers again to you!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Thank you Brian and Jared for your compliments ,
It has a lot of do with learning the right technique to printing the best image but I really couldn't have done it without the Neoflex because has many many good advanced features on it to allow very very good print and yes it comes down to the person, but
even with best operator it will only be as good as printer will allow it to be.

So thank you my friend Neo for helping me. At the end of the day i couldn't do without you

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats Glupo!! Your scores, and the comments by Rodney really have helped me become even more excited to get a NeoFlex and push its limits.

"Most of the DTG printed t-shirts held up pretty well in the wash tests.
Washability: 10
Total rating points: 48
(PS. This print was pretty darn amazing! I almost want to say it got even better after the last wash)"

After being in the direct screen print industry for over 20 years, washability of DTG has been my biggest concern. Your skills, along with the best DTG technology available have opened my eyes to its potential, and durability. I know DTG will continue to improve rapidly in the coming years because of dedicated owners, contests like Battle Royale, competition by the
manufacturers, and everyones desire to push the boundaries of DTG. I am looking forward to meeting you, Peter, the Tigers, and my new NeoFlex soon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts