T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just stumbled upon this community the other day with help from Rodney, our webmaster and consummate host. RODNEY IS MY HERO for creating this forum!! I learned more reading these threads over 72 hours than I did scouring Google results for months - you guys are amazingly helpful!

As for me, I am fortunate to have a creative job writing at an ad agency. But of course creating cool stuff on the side - solely to entertain myself - is always a fun hobby.

I'm just another tshirt junkie. And a female one at that. So most of my wholesale product research has been on ladies' styles and fabric options. I'm moving very slowly in launching anything online be/c i'm focusing my energy on sourcing just the right products/cuts/fabrics. Translation: see what options I have before giving up and going with AA. I'll keep y'all posted.

So the journey begins - I look forward to riddling this forum with one moronic question after another! Please, be gentle.

Take care,
-Claire

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you haven't already then take a look at Bella t-shirts.

They're probably not as popular as AA yet, but they'd have to be second.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey there Newbie,

I researched high & low for good t-shirts. I'm on the East Coast - so AA was even more expensive for me since they're on the West Coast (shipping costs). There's a company I've been using out of PA called Royal Apparel (www.royalapparel.net). They have ultra soft fine jerseys (RA5051 for guys). I use them for my t-shirts and they come out awesome.

They will sell you direct and can even implement a private label program, but there are minimum quantity volumes. They seem to work out well for me - my screen printer can pump out some pretty sweet tees with them at a relatively affordable price for what seems to be a pretty high quality t-shirt.

Good Luck!

Mike
www.tshirthub.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, i do know bella tees - have picked up a couple over the years and really like the way they fit. i spoke with one of their sales people, and they were kind enough to send me color cards with mini fabric swatches, etc.

OH! i've seen people say the bella doesn't make men's tees - not true! they manufacture men's tees under the brand CANVAS. according to the rep i spoke with, they have a history of supplying the tees we find at the Gap & Banana Republic. good sign.

thanks for the kind welcome,
-claire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rodney said:
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums, Claire!

You may also want to check out District Threads, they are a relatively new t-shirt manufacturer with a lot of the newer styles: http://www.districtthreads.com/ladies/
thanks rodney!!

yes, i have discovered district threads - they look promising! i'm still in the gathering color cards & fabric swatches phase - once i gather enough 'data', i'll give a full report :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TSHIRTHUB said:
Hey there Newbie,

I researched high & low for good t-shirts. I'm on the East Coast - so AA was even more expensive for me since they're on the West Coast (shipping costs). There's a company I've been using out of PA called Royal Apparel (www.royalapparel.net). They have ultra soft fine jerseys (RA5051 for guys). I use them for my t-shirts and they come out awesome.

They will sell you direct and can even implement a private label program, but there are minimum quantity volumes. They seem to work out well for me - my screen printer can pump out some pretty sweet tees with them at a relatively affordable price for what seems to be a pretty high quality t-shirt.

Good Luck!

Mike
www.tshirthub.com
*** KICK!

ok Mike, you are now my other hero next to Rodney. i can't wait to him them up for swatches/samples - thanks so much for the tip!!! happy happy, joy joy ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts