T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
First off I am no pro but I'll tell you what I know.. our heard people talk about.

Whenever you try to up size a raster image(I'm assuming it's raster) you will typically lose some detail.

What I've heard people do, and do myself with pretty good results, is do it in scales. Instead of going from say 95dpi strait to 300 try going from 95 to 150 first, then to 200, then 250, and finally end up at 300. The reason is the computer basically has to guess where to put the new pixels. So if you go all at once it has to guess all at once. But if you go in stages it has to guess less because it has the new pixels to look at in the following steps.

Then before you trace it to vector put a slight blur on it. Then when you mess with your tolerances in the vector trace you can usually get it pretty close.

Hope this helps.

Jeron

Sent from my SGH-M919 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys ....2 great answers...Any chance the "eyes" and "tounge" might come out clear like that? My laptop doesnt like alien skin for some reason..It worked last year but i think something is corrupt and needs a reformat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.