T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Although I agree with the statement above, that does not address the issue that Bob is discussing about. The dissemination of information that helps others infringe on the intellectual rights of another can be considered aiding the infringement. Way back when Jeff (German) first got started on this, I spoke with him several times. I considered selling a DIY kit and stopped because a friend of mine explained to me where he just told people how to trick on old satellite receiver to get more channels. The satellite company went after him for for civil damages and won. I investigated this issue more and found this to be true. You can look at a product and recreate it for your personal use. But you can't help others recreate it whether it is for profit or free. Otherwise, you open the door to being sued for patent infringement.

Some times it is better to be wise and avoid a lawsuit. In my opinion, Bob is doing the wise thing.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.