T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The general consensus that most of us had is we wanted to respect the recent ruling, as this subject has been reviewed in the courts/patent review office after years of litagation.. seems the moving platen is the strong hold here.. If you look at the big picture there are several manufactures infringing currently and continually.. the folks continuing diydtg wanted to take the approach of adapting to a moving printer for the diy folks.. although i dont use dtg as i have switched to screen printing i have made the moving printer both ricoh and epson and its very simple to achieve... lots of stuff going on behind the scenes with the moving printer project with those involved and what you will be seeing is a dtg similar in nature to the freejet 320 however with and epson in its stock dress... the key is to adapt and move forward and this is whats happening far from the end of diydtg IMHO and i think it will continue and evolve on with new members as it has since the original c88 diy in 2007.. I praise those moving forward...:) I look forward to new ink technology, that will hopefully compare to screen print durability at some point and the addition of new pretreat technology aswell... I do think the dtg future technology will be much cheaper to obtain in its current state, but the question is will it sustain its value when everyone can have access at resonable cost? will there ever be a dtg that can hold its own against plastisol? Is it just a fad/same class as digital transfers? all questions yet to be seen as the tried and true durability of screening is hard to beat in both durability and cost....
Best of luck

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.