T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Curious, can encad's 700 series be used for dye sublimation? I have two sitting idly that I would love to turn around and use..

Thanks,

Murph

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have no idea yet, but I would be very curious to hear from anyone who's still using an Encad for anything. I am thinking about picking up an 880 and have a lot of crazy ideas of things to experiment with. How do you like the two Encad printers that you have? Any complaints, praise? I just found out these printers existed pretty recently, and I haven't got to hear too much about how they were.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[I have not touched them since the post other than to ensure lines are clear...

No real call or time to play with em...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Encad printers use the Lexmark thermal cartridge and will not work for Sublimation. Pretty good printers and supplies are still available from Global Print Supply. I have a couple and they are pretty easy to maintain.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The encad that I was looking at used water-based pigment inks. I wondered if I could use water-based screen printing ink in these printers. Matsui has the 301 line that can print through 305 mesh. Any chance this would work?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The older Encads had ink delivery problems. Some of the problems were fixed on the 850 and 880 printers. The cartridges were the same but the delivery system had been tweaked. I have a 600 and 700 that I use with pigment inks for real estate signage. They are slow, they are full of quirks, but they print. Their value is so low that any major repairs will result in selling them for parts. The later Kodak i1000 is still an awesome printer for posters. You can find those on Ebay for cheap if you want a water based ink system. I am replacing mine with Epson when the time comes. As for using water based screen ink. . . I don't think that would work. The carts clog bad enough with dye inks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used the GO+ pigment inks with good success the prints have outlasted my shirts. But I am tough on my shirts. Have some over two years old. Print looks good shirt is shot.
Hope this helps. I use a encad 700. Kaniala

1 - 7 of 7 Posts