T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have read the questions, buut still some what puzzeled, meatl or wood frames, 110 to 230 mesh. exposed 15 min light table and or 45 sec in the sun. when I rinse, the image comes out great, but then if rinsed a little longer (getting detail out) the image starts to come off (peeling). I have used 2 part emulsion and premixed, 4 hrs after coated , 1 day, 2day up to 6 days after coated and the problem still happens. now, it happens most of the time, but sometimes it does not, say 10 screens burned, all but 2 will be bad. The exposure (or lack of) seem to be the problem. any sugestions???? thanks scott

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You can spray too long when clearing your screen and it will eventually wash out.
Be sure to thoroughly dry your screens before exposing. If you live in a humid area, it's gonna take longer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to get the test strip, thanks. In the mean time i did a couple of othe screens 1, in the sun for 60 seconds, and that the emulsion came off worst than the other 25 min on the lite. I have had bad screens before, but never this. i am using photocure BLU. am I using the wrong stuff?? or is there a better coating?? thanks scott

·
Registered
903 Posts
The sheeting of the emulsion makes me think there may be a humidity issue. make sure you are dying them completely. Get a small dehumidifier so you get all the water out of the emulsion as it dries on the screen leaving just the solids. If you have high humidity a fan does not necessarily help it is just pushing around wet air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have used both, pre mixed and one stage. Arizona is pretty dry, this happens @ 60 degree to 115 degree . I have tried rincing both sides, then only one side thanks for all the imput thanks scott

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
are you using a pressure washer to rinse the image area out?
if so ..try using just a plain garden hose on the spray setting.......wet both sides and let sit for 2 or 3 minutes , wetting every minute or so(both sides).... wash out the stensil from the shirt side......this should take 1 - 2 minutes at the most.

Inked

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try that, I wash with a garden hose , with a spray nosel on it , me to lite pressure, but I have been washink from the ink side. I used to wash from both sides. But I never waited, I let the water run for a min or so then sprayed. thanks scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts