T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I wanted to wait to have everything done before putting my post up but I'm too impatient!

And I'm doing this all on my phone in separate posts cuz my computer is in the hospital in Kentucky.

Ok! So I wanted a simple dip TRAY to soak my screens to get all the emulsion off. My screens r 20x24 but the actual tray is 24x31 in case I get bigger screens later

I used:

1- 2x4 piece of wood (like $2.50 from Home Depot)

Cut 2 pieces to 24" and 2 pieces to 34". It's a frame now!

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I taped the seams cuz this caulking can't go on paint or be painted. And this caulking can be under "water" cuz it's water tight. All other silicone can't be "under the waterline."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... It's still "curing" lol. I'm gonna test it out on Monday the 14th!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah.................

Didn't work...

Might just get a pressure washer...

I'm so LAME! haha

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
haha... why do you think it did not work... leaked or would not clear the emulsion? Might try a different chemical...and I am pretty sure they do not come out spotless and you would still need to power wash.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is true. If it leaked, that's one story. But the dip tanks still require some washing afterwards for a completely clean screen. Maybe you could post a pic of what the resulting screen looked like? (unless it was a leak that was the issue)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No it didn't leak. But the paint was coming off in little bits and the caulking was becomming sticky again. Oh well. Only cost like $15. Whatevs! :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts