T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using a emulsion remover that I bought from McLogan's screen printing supplies, but it doesn't work 100% of the time. Most of the time it will leave residues and not thoroughly clean the screen. I was wondering if there is a more heavy duty type of acid of some sort that will return the screen to its original form or at least close. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
14,183 Posts
Is it a ghost image you are having problems with? Basically, all the emulsion is gone, but you see a faint outline of your design? There is a separate ghost remover that you can use.

If it is still emulsion being left on the screen, how long are you allowing your emulsion remover to soak in before you rinse it out? Are you using a scrubbing pad?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a separate ghost removal solution that works fairly well. It is just that the emulsion seems to have stained the screen, I apply the removal solution let it sit for 30 secs to a minute which is recommended on the label. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I just want to reclaim my screens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm ok that might be it seeing that i don't have a perfect exposure unit. Is there a good way to remove the ghost stain though?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts