T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to the screen printing industry, but have been blessed to learn the trade and come across some very good deals regarding equipment, supplies, and even have a few customer orders in process.

I have an 8/8 Brown Manual press but due to space constraints I only have 3 shirt platens and 4 color heads currently assembled. Now let's fast forward to my emulsion / exposure issues:

Due to a lack of resources I am currently using a Yudu machine as my exposure unit. For a 110 mesh screen with a vellum film positive I originally was exposing the screen for 10 minutes. But last weekend, the 10 minute formula stopped working and I had to up my time to 13 minutes.

Now just last night I tried to expose a 110 mesh screen at 13 minutes and it washed out all wrong, and I also had a gang screen (155 mesh) that I was trying to expose for left chest prints... That, too, went horribly wrong! I am beginning to get a little discouraged, but I certainly won't give up. I just know that if I reach out to T-Shirt Forums someone will have a solution for me.

Also, I am using the WBP emulsion (red) from Ryonet and I know my scoop coater has dried up emulsion in it. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Or maybe the YuDu lights are getting weaker...

I have attached pictures... Please all feedback is welcome

· Registered
1,335 Posts
Don't see any pictures. Any light source will gradually lose strength, some more than others. Emulsion on the coater probably won't matter, but the thickness of the emulsion layer makes a great deal of difference. Make sure your coating technique is consistent and get or make an exposure guide. This is the only way to get accurate exposure. God Bless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.