T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Using UK size 43t mesh, been having issues when covering the emulsion. Im guessing cos of the large holes as I havent had any issues with larger mesh counts.

The effect are pinholes forming and thus, a collection of very very small holes thru the emulsion, rendering the screen useless.

Anyone else had this problem and importantly, how to sort it out?

Lastly, also getting a bubble effect too which results in too much coverage. Not as problematic as the pinholes but still annoying... Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
There's no reason the 43T count would be causing problems with pinholes.

I'd suggest the usual culprits: screen not degreased, dust in the coating room, air bubbles in the emulsion (either from using it too soon after mixing/stirring, or from pouring into the scoop coater too high), scoop coater not clean.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would certainly say screen prep and emulsion issues.As solmu says pinholes usually occur due to poor degreasing/and or dust contamination. Really degrease well and try to dry in a dust free space. Bubbling of emulsion is either air in the actual emulsion or sometimes a reaction with contaminents left on the screen due to poor preparation.Make sure your coating trough is also very clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts